Spagetti and jollof rice. Hi guys, this is my first video on my channel so i decided to welcome you by sharing my favourite quick and easy jollof rice recipe mixed with. Making Jollof Spaghetti is almost the same as making the Nigerian Jollof Rice, I only add a little twist to this recipe to make it a more suited for Spaghetti. Note: My mixed vegetables consist of Carrots, Green Beans, and Sweet Peas but feel free to use any choice of Vegetables.
It's actually the second pasta recipe I have ever posted on the blog. I had tried to make jollof spaghetti in the past, and it was not a success! It tasted okay, but it was missing that special "jollof-ness" for some reason. You can have Spagetti and jollof rice using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Spagetti and jollof rice
- You need of Spagetti.
- You need of Salt.
- You need of Curry.
- Prepare of Thyme.
- It’s of Vegetable oil.
- It’s of Pomo.
- You need of Blended pepper and tomatoes.
- Prepare of Rice.
- It’s of Ginger.
- You need of Jollof rice spices.
- You need cubes of Knorr.
- It’s of Carrots.
- It’s of Green pepper.
We Nigerians LOVE to ram it down the throats of the world that we remain the purveyors of jollof perfection: that right balance between tomato and spice. Jollof Spaghetti or Spaghetti Jollof is a quick meal, that got it's name from the popular Nigerian Jollof Rice. Jollof Spaghetti is quite easy to prepare and can be In the recipe below, I'll show you how I prepare mine with common vegetables. Jollof rice is a very common dish prepared in many African countries and each recipe differs depending on the nation.
Spagetti and jollof rice instructions
- Cut and boil the pomo to be soft..
- Fry the blended pepper and tomatoes in vegetable oil.cut in onion add the pomo stock and water boil well..
- Parboil and rinse the rice pour in the rice stir as is boiling add salt,knorr cubes,jollof rice spices,ginger cover and cook untill is well cooked..
- Parboil the spagetti rinse..
- Fry onion,ginger,curry,thyme add water stir and bring all to boil add the parboiled spagetti..
- Add salt and knorr cubes stir again and cook when done.slice the carrots and green pepper in..
I specifically prepare the Nigerian party jollof rice which I still feel is one of the best recipes out there (not being biased, just stating facts LOL). Jollof spaghetti is a delicious alternative to everyday Nigerian Jollof rice. A simple dish of spaghetti and tomato sauce, in this case, buka stew and other pantry staple ingredients you may already have in your store cupboard. This makes cooking my Nigerian Jollof Rice, Spaghetti Surprise and other meals where I use Tomato Stew so easy. If you watch my Nigerian Jollof Rice, Nigerian Coconut Rice and my Nigerian Spaghetti Surprise videos , this is the tomato stew that I added while cooking those meals.