Spagetti with fried plantain. Spaghetti With Chicken. (Espagueti Con Pollo) FULL TUTORIAL ON EVERYTHING ON THIS PLATE! Fried ripe plantains have a crispy, caramelized texture and irresistibly sweet taste. It's a ubiquitous Caribbean dish that is served with almost every meal, and it's enjoyed in other parts of the world as well.
An easy recipe for fried ripe plantains with a sweet yet spicy kick. A great alternative for this popular Caribbean and African side. Fried plantains are the greatest thing since sliced bread! You can cook Spagetti with fried plantain using 10 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Spagetti with fried plantain
- Prepare 2 half of ripe plantain.
- You need of Salt.
- You need 1 packet of spagetti.
- You need 2 of cksp Vegetable oil.
- Prepare 1 of Tomato paste.
- Prepare 2 cubes of Maggi.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of Turmeric.
- Prepare 1 of Onion.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of Curry.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of Garlic.
Ok, well, technically they were invented long before sliced bread, but the man who first used them like sliced bread is genius! Plantains are starchy and often used as a vegetable the same way we would use a potatoes. It is usually fried or baked. They are very popular in West Africa and Caribbean countries.
Spagetti with fried plantain instructions
- Slice plantain and fry in a hot vegetable oil..
- Boil the spagetti for 7mins.wash and keep.
- Heat up the pot,pour in the vegetable oil after 40seconds pour in slice onion..
- Open the tomato paste and add.fry for 2mins..
- Pour in water for the cooking and boil for 3mins..
- Uncover add fresh pepper,salt,maggi cubes,curry,garlic and turmeric.cook back to boil for another 3mins..
- Then pour in the parboiled spagetti stir very well and cook.boil for 10mins..
- After 10mins the spagetti should be soft by now.but make the water has dryed..
- Stir for 30seconds and allow it to dry..
A regular banana is ready to eat when the peel is yellow, however a plantain is considered ready to eat when the peel. Your spaghetti needs to sit at least one night in the fridge and I think the texture and taste actually get better if you make it a few days after it's first been made. SIDEBAR: When saucing the spaghetti on the day you actually made it DO NOT OVER SAUCE!!! Too much sauce creates a soft less crispy dish. Spaghetti Neapolitan is spaghetti pan-fried with onion and bell pepper, and seasoned with ketchup.