Spagetti and boiled plantain. Boiled plantains are a staple of African, Caribbean, and Central and South American cuisine. When boiling your own plantains at home, always start with green or yellow fruit that's firm to the touch and relatively free of spots in order to. Many plantain recipes involve deep-frying, but that's not a healthy preparation method.
Here's Another Great Recipe From My Kitchen To Yours. This week's Recipe Boiled Plantains ( banann bouyi ). Am Sharing The Way I Love To Make This. You can cook Spagetti and boiled plantain using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Spagetti and boiled plantain
- It’s 1 packet of spagetti.
- Prepare of Salt.
- It’s 3 of Fresh pepper.
- It’s 4 pieces of Carrots.
- It’s 9 pieces of Fresh tomatoes.
- It’s 1 sachet of Seasoning.
- It’s 1 of Vegetable oil.
- It’s 2 of big Green pepper.
- It’s 2 of ripe plantain.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of curry.
Boiled plantains is simple side dish served with many meals in Haiti. Plantains are commonly used in West and Central Africa (Cameroon & DR Congo), Central America, the Caribbean Islands and northern, coastal parts of South America (Colombia, Venezuela, etc.). Plantains can be used when ripe (yellow) or unripe (green) and should be Plantains contain carotenoids which convert to vitamin A. These plantains are simple, quick and easy to make and delicious.
Spagetti and boiled plantain step by step
- Parboil the spagetti,cut the onion,fresh pepper,green pepper,fresh tomatoes,carrots,plantain in cubes,.
- Boil the plantain for 5minutes.keep aside..
- Heat up the vegetable oil,put the fresh tomatoes and fresh pepper and fry for 1minute with continuous stirring..
- Pour in the boiled plantain,salt and knorr seasoning,curry and pour in the spagetti and add 1/2 cup of water to simmer it..
- Onces the water drys,pour in the carrots,green pepper.
In Colombia Plátanos Calados or Plátanos en Tentación are eaten as a side dish or I met an Italian woman who had lived in Venezuela and Argentina, after I moved to Chicago and she told me about how she boils and sheds flank steak. Boiled Plantain cooks in no time at all. This is the easiest plantain recipe to prepare. Peel the plantain and cut off and discard both ends. Plantain is a healing herb that probably grows in your backyard!