Easy avocado egg salad sandwich: kid approved!. The most important meal of the day is breakfast, which is what many say. Even though many people tend to skip breakfast because they state they don't have. Avocado egg salad is a game changer.
Serve it over lettuce for a lighter fair or spread it on two thick slices It's always a good time for avocado egg salad sandwiches. Fried No-Egg Sandwich Kids Cook Monday! I'll admit Avocado Egg Salad Sandwiches sound odd, but they are o-so-tasty, creamy, and good for you too! You can have Easy avocado egg salad sandwich: kid approved! using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Easy avocado egg salad sandwich: kid approved!
- You need 2 of hard boiled eggs (cooled).
- It’s 1/2 large of avocado.
- It’s 1 tbsp of mayonnaise.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt (to taste).
- You need 1/4 tsp of ground black pepper (to taste).
- It’s 1/2 tsp of dill (dried).
- You need 2 slice of your favorite bread.
- It’s 1 dash of sriracha (or your fav. hot sauce).
- It’s 1 of dijon mustard (I used Amora it's milder for the kiddos).
- Prepare 1 bunch of of love ;-).
Give this avocado recipe a try and this will be your new go-to recipes! Replacing mayonnaise with avocado in this Avocado Egg Salad gives your egg salad a nutritional boost without comprimising in flavour and texture. This Avocado Egg Salad is a perfect sandwich filler, great for topping toast, spreading on veggies or just eating by the spoonful! To prevent avocado from browning in leftover egg salad, place any remaining salad in a bowl and cover surface with plastic wrap.
Easy avocado egg salad sandwich: kid approved! step by step
- Hard boil your eggs. Let cool, and peel the shell. (5 minute prep time starts now).
- Cut your avocado lengthwise in 1/2 around the pit. Twist both sides opposite eachother to separate the two halves of the avocado. Scoop out the flesh with a spoon. Use the other half in some guacamole (I know I would)..
- Place peeled eggs, 1/2 avocado, mayo, salt, pepper, dill, and sriracha in your food processor and pulse until egg pieces are of desired size, approx, 1/4 inch and avocado is well incorporated. (I use one of these little beauties by Chef'n).
- Alternately: You can just as easily chop this in a bowl with a fork and knife, like my dad used to make it. I prefer the hand pull chopper, it's fast and easy..
- Spread the dijon mustard on both your slices of bread..
- Spoon that creamy, green, eggy deliciousness all over one side of the bread on top the mustard. Place your other slice of bread on top to complete your masterpiece! Pair with some crunchy cornichons & enjoy!.
Chop remaining eggs and egg whites. Gently stir eggs, celery, and sunflower seeds into avocado mixture. This avocado egg salad sandwich is just the right combo of creamy (oh hi, entire diced avocado) and tangy, thanks to Dijon mustard and capers. To build the sandwiches, scoop about a quarter of the egg salad onto one piece of bread. Top with tomato, lettuce and another.