Simple Grilled Cheese and Fried Egg Sandwich. Today I am making a fried egg and cheese sandwich that is easy to make. I make these for breakfast, lunch or diner, especially on days when I don't want to. Start by making the cheeses sandwiches by placing the slices into the toast bread.
Fry the egg in the same pan as the bacon to desired doneness. It is best to leave the yolk a little runny, as it makes the sandwich that much more delicious. Heat a flat griddle over medium-high. You can cook Simple Grilled Cheese and Fried Egg Sandwich using 8 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Simple Grilled Cheese and Fried Egg Sandwich
- It’s of Butter/oil.
- Prepare 2 pieces of Toast.
- It’s 1 of large Egg.
- You need 1 slice of Cheese.
- You need of Seasoning of your choice.
- It’s of Equipment:.
- Prepare 1 of circle cutter (or preferred shape).
- It’s of Spatula.
Butter one side of each piece of bread. Assemble the sandwich with the cheese, egg and bacon, buttered sides. When is an egg sandwich recipe a masterpiece? Egg sandwiches are a staple in this house – in many shapes and forms.
Simple Grilled Cheese and Fried Egg Sandwich instructions
- Start by making the cheeses sandwiches by placing the slices into the toast bread..
- In a large pan heat the oil or butter and place the cheese sandwich to lightly brown each side..
- Note*** don't worry if the cheese is not completely melted… Make sure that the bread is only lightly browned so that it doesn't burn in the next step..
- Now using the cutter (I used a medium circle cutter) place it in the center of the sandwich and cut to provide space for the egg..
- Leave the cut out pieces of bread to be used when serving..
- Now, place a little butter into a the hot pan and once again place the sandwich into it, only this time with an egg in the middle..
- Fry each side for about 1-2 mins each side making sure it is completely cooked..
- Alternatively, you could place the sandwich with the egg into the pan for a few seconds until it is cooked from the bottom… Then you would transfer it into a plate and place into the microwave for about 1 minute or until cooked..
- Serve hot with a few vegetables on the side.. And enjoy this tasty and super cute breakfast that is very simple to make..
I was curious to try this one as it had the addition of mayonnaise. I fried my eggs in bacon grease and used cheddar cheese instead of American. My kids wanted their sandwiches with ketchup and mayo so I made theirs. No frills, no fuss, just a Simple Grilled Cheese and Egg SPAM® This SPAM® sandwich recipe calls for eggs. Add egg and fry until cooked to your preference. (Yolk can either be broke or not as to your preference.) In a nonstick pan, fry ham until warm and lightly brown.