Fluffy Egg-Drop Soup with Boiled Chicken Broth. It's typically made with lightly-seasoned chicken or veggie broth, and filled with delicious egg "ribbons", which are created by whisking raw eggs into the simmering. Fluffy eggs in the slightly thickened clear soup look almost like ribbons. Boiling too rapidly makes the egg to break into small pieces.
In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch and water. Stir into the boiling broth until thickened. My ultimate Chinese egg drop soup recipe and also my tips for how to make Chinese soup broth using store-bought stock and a few little cheats. You can have Fluffy Egg-Drop Soup with Boiled Chicken Broth using 5 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Fluffy Egg-Drop Soup with Boiled Chicken Broth
- You need 600 ml of Cooking liquid from boiling chicken.
- You need 1 of Egg.
- You need 1 dash of Pepper.
- It’s 1 of Salt.
- Prepare 1 of Katakuriko slurry.
Egg drop soup (Chinese: 蛋花湯; pinyin: Dànhuātāng) is a Chinese soup of wispy beaten eggs in boiled chicken broth. Condiments such as black or white pepper, and finely chopped scallions and tofu are optional, but commonly added to the soup. Egg drop soup makes me think of my grandmother every time I see it, and it's a soup I turn to when I need something light, comforting, and warm. First up is the broth, chicken being the most common.
Fluffy Egg-Drop Soup with Boiled Chicken Broth step by step
- Bring the strained cooking liquid from boiling the chickento a boil. If it is not salty enough, add salt. If it is too salty, add water to adjust. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/153769-how-to-cook-moist-chicken-breast-for-boiled-chicken.
- Once it comes to a rapid boil, season with pepper and reduce heat to low. Add the katakuriko slurry (see Hints) to thicken the soup. The key is to add it gradually..
- While stirring the soup gently with a ladle, gradually pour in the beaten egg. Make sure you pour in the eggs while the soup is steadily bubbling..
- If the temperature of the soup is too low, or if you stir it too vigorously, the soup will be cloudy. If you add too much of the egg all at once, or do not stir the soup, the egg will become lumpy..
- Once the egg sets, turn off the heat immediately. Do not bring it to a rapid boil..
- You can make delicious chicken meatballs with the cooking liquid from boiling chicken. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/153951-healthy-and-tender-chicken-meatballs-using-tofu-and-ground-chicken-breast.
- You can also make a delicious soup from the leftover chicken skins https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/147045-make-chicken-broth-with-leftover-chicken-skin.
- Chinese-style soup with fluffy chicken meatball and cellophane noodles https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/152376-chinese-soup-with-cellophane-noodles-and-fluffy-light-chicken-meatballs.
- Use the same cooking liquid to make Chinese-style mixed rice https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/155241-chinese-mixed-rice-with-chicken-broth.
- Chinese-style soup with mizuna greens https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/147043-mizuna-chinese-soup-with-chicken-skin-broth.
I fondly remember the sound of the can opener working on cans of Swanson's chicken broth as the. Therefore, freeze the broth and add the eggs when necessary before serving. This will make for the best reheated soup! If you can boil water and scramble eggs, you can make egg drop soup. Egg drop soup (also called egg flower soup) is known as 蛋花湯 in Chinese.