Egg Drop Soup. Egg drop soup (Chinese: 蛋花湯; pinyin: Dànhuātāng) is a Chinese soup of wispy beaten eggs in boiled chicken broth. Egg drop soup makes me think of her every time I see it, and it's a soup I turn to when I need something light, comforting, and warm. Here's how you can make it at home.
You probably ordered it many times from a Chinese restaurant. Egg drop soup was always her first choice. Egg drop soup recipe 蛋花汤 is the easiest Chinese soup recipe to prepare. You can have Egg Drop Soup using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Egg Drop Soup
- You need 4 cup of chicken broth.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of cornstarch.
- You need 1 tsp of ground ginger.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of garlic salt.
- Prepare 2 large of eggs.
- It’s 2 of egg whites.
- You need 1/2 tsp of sesame oil.
- It’s 2 of green onions chopped.
- It’s of salt.
Chinese restaurants usually have high-quality soup stock as the base of the soup. Egg drop soup, or egg flower soup, has long been a favorite at Chinese restaurants. Many people have always wanted to try their hand at making the dish, but were worried how it would turn out. Egg drop soup (also called egg flower soup) is known as 蛋花湯 in Chinese.
Egg Drop Soup step by step
- Whisk together chicken stock (chilled or room-temperature), cornstarch, ginger and garlic powder in a medium saucepan until combined and no lumps remain..
- Heat over high heat until boiling, stirring occasionally..
- Meanwhile, whisk together the eggs and egg whites in a small measuring cup or bowl..
- Once the broth reaches a boil, remove from heat. Then use a fork or whisk to stir the broth in a circular motion, while slowly pour the whisked eggs into the soup to create egg ribbons..
- Stir in the sesame oil, green onions (optional) until combined..
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately, topped with additional green onions for garnish..
In its simplest form, the only ingredients needed are the broth itself, eggs, and spring onion (also known as green onions or. This Egg Drop Soup is a healthy Chinese broth based soup made with eggs, chicken broth, cornstarch, and green onions. The egg drop soup is a sublime experience: a bright yellow, deeply savory broth laced with a In Cantonese imperial courts, egg drop soup was used as a way to showcase a chef's finesse: the fine. Egg Drop Soup is a healthy Chinese soup that is easy to make at home with minimal. How to thicken egg drop soup?