Duck Egg Drop Soup. Growing up, my family had a tradition of eating lunch at our local little Chinese restaurant every single Saturday. Egg drop soup was always her first choice. You don't need to add tons of spices like star anise and cloves because it overpowers the delicate egg flavor.
I hope you enjoy the video, give us a THUMBS UP if you like our video, please don't forget to click SUBSCRIBE button and tap the bell icon to get notified! Egg drop soup, or egg flower soup, has long been a favorite at Chinese restaurants. Many people have always wanted to try their hand at making the dish, but were worried how it would turn out. You can cook Duck Egg Drop Soup using 5 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Duck Egg Drop Soup
- It’s 2 quarts of chicken broth.
- It’s To taste of salt.
- You need 4 of large duck Eggs.
- You need 1/4 cup of parsley.
- Prepare 1/4 pound of smoked sausage.
Creating a delicious broth and perfect, silken strands of egg are intimidating. Here's a collection of egg drop soup recipes featuring a variety of ingredients such as sweet corn, bamboo shoot, crab, and exotic ingredient like the black fungus. Egg drop soup is a generic name for soups where eggs are added to soups. The chinese name is actually egg flower soup 蛋花汤.
Duck Egg Drop Soup instructions
- Wash the eggs. I used organic free range duck eggs. If you do, fill sink with cold water and if the eggs float throw them away..
- Break each egg in a bowl separately to make sure they are good no spots of blood.
- Take the casings off the sausage. Slice and add to broth. Boiling for 20 minutes..
- Stir the broth beat the eggs and pour the eggs into the broth as the broth is rotating in the pot..
- When all the eggs are done serve I hope you enjoy!.
Egg drop soup (Chinese: 蛋花湯; pinyin: Dànhuātāng) is a Chinese soup of wispy beaten eggs in boiled chicken broth. Condiments such as black or white pepper, and finely chopped scallions and tofu are optional, but commonly added to the soup. Try out this easy Egg Drop Soup from Delish.com. I loved getting egg drop soup with our Chinese take-out as a kid and it turns out this favorite is super easy to make and ingredients you probably already have on hand! It's made with eggs, ginger, green onions, and mushrooms.