Egg roll. Egg rolls are a variety of deep-fried appetizers served in American Chinese restaurants. An egg roll is a cylindrical, savory roll with shredded cabbage, chopped pork, and other fillings inside a thickly-wrapped wheat flour skin, which is fried in hot oil. Learn how to make egg rolls right at home!
These homemade egg rolls are filled with pork and vegetables, all wrapped up and fried to crispy perfection. The perfect make-ahead appetizer for any event! Egg Roll – Popular Chinese appetizer, and this recipe makes for the best egg rolls. You can cook Egg roll using 7 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Egg roll
- You need 3 of boiled eggs.
- It’s 1 cups of flour.
- Prepare 1 tablespoons of butter.
- You need 1 teaspoon of baking powder.
- It’s Half of Teaspoon sugar.
- You need Pinch of Teaspoon salt.
- You need 2 tablespoons of milk.
Jen shares her easy egg roll recipe (with sweet egg roll) and step-by-step picture cooking guide. Baking egg rolls definitely creates a different texture than frying, but I still liked them A LOT. I also experimented with freezing the egg rolls uncooked. After freezing I put them straight into a hot oven.
Egg roll instructions
- Mix flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, butter, add water and kneed till soft and sticky dough, divide dough into 3 and make balls.
- Roll dough and put boiled egg in the center, cover eggg completely with dough and keep aside.
- Deep fry and serve.
Egg rolls are so called because the wrappers (or "skins") are made with egg; spring rolls wrappers are not. Story goes that Chinese immigrants to the US came up with a spring roll recipe more acceptable. See more ideas about Egg rolls, Egg roll recipes, Recipes. These are the BEST Homemade Egg Rolls made with seasoned ground pork and fresh vegetables tightly rolled up in egg roll wrappers. Egg rolls are a classic appetizer at Chinese restaurants, but there are also many simple simple varieties to make at home yourself and enjoy anytime.