Nigerian Egg Roll. The African Egg roll Recipe is totally different from the popular Chinese Egg Roll. This Egg roll is often sold as street food in west africa. However, Tea lovers can have this for breakfast.
Best Nigerian Egg Roll is indeed the best! Hello good people, how are you guys doing today? How has it been trying out Ada's Recipes? You can have Nigerian Egg Roll using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Nigerian Egg Roll
- Prepare of Dough.
- You need 2 Cups of Flour.
- You need 3 tbsp of Sugar.
- It’s 2 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare Pinch of salt.
- You need Pinch of Nutmeg.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1 of egg (for the dough).
- It’s 1/2 cup of evaporated milk.
- You need of Filling.
- It’s 5 of hard boiled eggs.
You noticed I always tell you to try out my recipes because. In a wide bowl, add the flour, sugar, salt and baking powder. Nigerian Egg Roll is similar to Scotch Eggs but instead of meat, we use batter made from flour to Buy your Egg Roll! If you have ever travelled to Lagos from Eastern Nigeria by road, this is one of.
Nigerian Egg Roll step by step
- Add all the dry ingredients (flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, nutmeg) and butter mix together..
- Add egg(beaten) and milk to form the dough. Allow to rest for 5 minutes..
- Cut the dough into five pieces, roll out, place the boiled egg and fold to cover the egg with the dough..
- Dip and fry in a low heat oil..
Nigerian egg roll is quite a spectacular something for foreigners just having a new feel of the Egg rolls or Scotch eggs are one of the tricky ones so I won't start telling you that every jack and Jill can. Nigerian egg roll is one of the popular appetizers in Nigeria and some part of African countries. The egg roll is simply rolling a hard-boiled egg into the dough and fry or bake it as simple as that. When I made this Nigerian Egg Roll and began photographing it, I started thinking of a story to tell to go with this recipe. My mum mentioned that I include a story about egg rolls and motor parks.