Egg roll. Egg rolls are a variety of deep-fried appetizers served in American Chinese restaurants. An egg roll is a cylindrical, savory roll with shredded cabbage, chopped pork, and other fillings inside a thickly-wrapped wheat flour skin, which is fried in hot oil. Learn how to make egg rolls right at home!
These homemade egg rolls are filled with pork and vegetables, all wrapped up and fried to crispy perfection. The perfect make-ahead appetizer for any event! Egg Roll – Popular Chinese appetizer, and this recipe makes for the best egg rolls. You can have Egg roll using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Egg roll
- It’s 2 cups of flour.
- You need 1 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 2 tbsp of sugar.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 2 tbsp of butter.
- You need 6 of boiled eggs.
- It’s 1 of raw egg.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of nutmeg(optional).
- You need 1/2 cup of warm milk.
Jen shares her easy egg roll recipe (with sweet egg roll) and step-by-step picture cooking guide. Baking egg rolls definitely creates a different texture than frying, but I still liked them A LOT. I also experimented with freezing the egg rolls uncooked. After freezing I put them straight into a hot oven.
Egg roll instructions
- Mix flour,salt,sugar and baking powder. Add butter and mix well.
- Whisked egg and add water to it. Add water little by little and keep mixing until sticky dough is formed..
- Kneed the dough well till it is no longer sticky to hand.
- Divide the dough into six fletted each dough and put your egg in the middle and mold it well,repeat the process untill your done with all your eggs.
- Set deep pot on fire and pour oil,a lot it to be hot on a medium flame.
- Drop your egg roll in hot oil and a lot it to fry,till it is golding brown.
Egg rolls are so called because the wrappers (or "skins") are made with egg; spring rolls wrappers are not. Story goes that Chinese immigrants to the US came up with a spring roll recipe more acceptable. See more ideas about Egg rolls, Egg roll recipes, Recipes. These are the BEST Homemade Egg Rolls made with seasoned ground pork and fresh vegetables tightly rolled up in egg roll wrappers. Egg rolls are a classic appetizer at Chinese restaurants, but there are also many simple simple varieties to make at home yourself and enjoy anytime.