Egg Roll. Egg rolls are a variety of deep-fried appetizers served in American Chinese restaurants. An egg roll is a cylindrical, savory roll with shredded cabbage, chopped pork, and other fillings inside a thickly-wrapped wheat flour skin, which is fried in hot oil. Learn how to make egg rolls right at home!
These homemade egg rolls are filled with pork and vegetables, all wrapped up and fried to crispy perfection. The perfect make-ahead appetizer for any event! Egg Roll – Popular Chinese appetizer, and this recipe makes for the best egg rolls. You can have Egg Roll using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Egg Roll
- You need 2 of eggs.
- You need 1 cup of Maida.
- You need 1 of medium size onion chopped fine.
- You need 1 of medium size tomato chopped fine.
- It’s 1 of small size capsicum chopped fine.
- You need 1 of lime juice.
- You need 1 Tbsp of Chaat Masala.
- You need 2-3 of green chillies chopped fine.
- It’s 1 tsp of black pepper powder.
- It’s as required of Oil to fry.
- You need to taste of Salt.
Jen shares her easy egg roll recipe (with sweet egg roll) and step-by-step picture cooking guide. Baking egg rolls definitely creates a different texture than frying, but I still liked them A LOT. I also experimented with freezing the egg rolls uncooked. After freezing I put them straight into a hot oven.
Egg Roll step by step
- In a bowl add Maida and with 1/2 tsp oil and salt make a dough like for Roti. Keep it covered for 10 mins with a muslin cloth.
- Chop onions, tomatoes, green capsicum and set aside..
- Beat a egg and add black pepper powder, salt and beat well..
- With a rolling pin make a Roti..
- In a tawa heat oil, add the egg and spread. On low flame cook for 1/2 a min. Then add the Roti. Press with a spatula and let the egg set in..
- Flip the other side and let the Roti cook. Set aside.
- On a kitchen counter place the Roll, place the chopped vegetables in the centre, add Chaat masala, black pepper powder, salt, lime juice..
- Roll and cover half with a parchment paper.
- Plate and enjoy hot.
Egg rolls are so called because the wrappers (or "skins") are made with egg; spring rolls wrappers are not. Story goes that Chinese immigrants to the US came up with a spring roll recipe more acceptable. See more ideas about Egg rolls, Egg roll recipes, Recipes. These are the BEST Homemade Egg Rolls made with seasoned ground pork and fresh vegetables tightly rolled up in egg roll wrappers. Egg rolls are a classic appetizer at Chinese restaurants, but there are also many simple simple varieties to make at home yourself and enjoy anytime.