Egg roll. Egg rolls are a variety of deep-fried appetizers served in American Chinese restaurants. An egg roll is a cylindrical, savory roll with shredded cabbage, chopped pork, and other fillings inside a thickly-wrapped wheat flour skin, which is fried in hot oil. Learn how to make egg rolls right at home!
These homemade egg rolls are filled with pork and vegetables, all wrapped up and fried to crispy perfection. The perfect make-ahead appetizer for any event! Egg Roll – Popular Chinese appetizer, and this recipe makes for the best egg rolls. You can cook Egg roll using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Egg roll
- You need 2 cups of flour.
- Prepare 6 of Eggs.
- You need 1 of tspn baking powder.
- You need 4 tablespoon of sugar.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- You need of Oil for frying.
- You need 2 tablespoon of butter.
Jen shares her easy egg roll recipe (with sweet egg roll) and step-by-step picture cooking guide. Baking egg rolls definitely creates a different texture than frying, but I still liked them A LOT. I also experimented with freezing the egg rolls uncooked. After freezing I put them straight into a hot oven.
Egg roll instructions
- In a bowl,sieve flour,add baking powder,salt,sugar,butter and mix well.
- Add water little by little to form a soft dough..Allow it to sit for 10 minutes…
- Boil eggs and remove the shell,divide the dough into six and take 1 flatten it and put the egg on it…
- Mould the dough make sure it covers the egg and keep it aside..repeat thesame process with the remaining ones…keep them for 8-10 minutes…
- Heat oil in a pan and fried it on medium to low heat…
Egg rolls are so called because the wrappers (or "skins") are made with egg; spring rolls wrappers are not. Story goes that Chinese immigrants to the US came up with a spring roll recipe more acceptable. See more ideas about Egg rolls, Egg roll recipes, Recipes. These are the BEST Homemade Egg Rolls made with seasoned ground pork and fresh vegetables tightly rolled up in egg roll wrappers. Egg rolls are a classic appetizer at Chinese restaurants, but there are also many simple simple varieties to make at home yourself and enjoy anytime.