Duck Egg Rolls. Today I am making crispy Chinese take out style egg rolls. I also will show you how I make duck sauce which goes perfect with these egg rolls. Learn how to make egg rolls right at home!
View top rated Duck egg roll recipes with ratings and reviews. Egg rolls are easy to make and taste great with marinated duck and fresh vegetables. Serve these up with some sweet chili sauce, sweet and sour sauce and hot mustard. You can have Duck Egg Rolls using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Duck Egg Rolls
- Prepare 8 cup of shredded cabbage.
- It’s 1 of shredded carrot.
- You need 1/2 cup of fresh bean sprouts.
- It’s 1 of minced celery stalk.
- You need 2 tbsp of minced green onion.
- It’s 8 oz of cooked, chopped or shredded duck meat.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of soy sauce.
- It’s 1 tsp of sriracha sauce or other asian chili sauce.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 1 of egg, beaten.
- You need 20 of egg roll wrappers.
- It’s 1 tbsp of cornstarch plus 1 teaspoon to sprinkle on filling.
- You need 2 quart of oil for frying, canola or peanut or vegtable oil enough to come halfway up your deep frying pan, you may use less it depends on your pan size.
Egg rolls are a variety of deep-fried appetizers served in American Chinese restaurants. An egg roll is a cylindrical, savory roll with shredded cabbage, chopped pork, and other fillings inside a thickly-wrapped wheat flour skin, which is fried in hot oil. These homemade vegetable egg rolls are stuffed full of cabbage, mushrooms, carrots, and more. Baking egg rolls definitely creates a different texture than frying, but I still liked them A LOT.
Duck Egg Rolls instructions
- In a large bowl, mix together cabbage, carrot, bean sprouts, celery and onion. Stir in soy sauce, sriracha sauce, garlic powder and pepper..
- Heat a film of oil in small skillet on medium heat, por egg in cook it flat and thin, flipping once, until just cooked about1 minute.Remove from skillet and chop..
- Stir egg into cabbage mixture, add duck meat, sprnkle top with the 1 TEASPOON cornstarch, mix well and allow to sit 10 minutes.
- Mix the remaing 1 tablespoon cornstarch with 2 tablespoons cold water, set aside..
- Place 2 to 3 tablespoons of the duck mixture into the center of an egg roll skin. Dip a pastry brush into cornstarch mixture and moisten all corners, fold sides in over filling then roll up into a tigjt tube enclosing all filling, press to be sure it all sticks. Repeat with remaining egg roll wrappers and filling..
- Pour oil into a deep frying pan to a depth of 3 to 4 inches, and heat oil to 350°F F(175 degrees C) Carefully place egg rolls in hot oil and fry until golden, do not crowd them, remove as done to a rack to drain any oil. Serve hot with your favorite dipping sauce. I have duck sauce in this picture..
- I also freeze these after frying and cooling I wrap each one and take out what we want, thaw and reheat on a baking sheet with a rack on it and heat at 400 until hot about 10 minutes.
Vegetable Egg Rolls are a welcome change over the usual Chinese takeout egg roll. Making vegetarian egg rolls is easy when compared to the meat version. When you leave out the meat, you. Place egg rolls into heated oil and fry, turning occasionally, until golden brown. Remove from oil and drain on paper towels or rack.