Egg rolls. Egg rolls are a variety of deep-fried appetizers served in American Chinese restaurants. An egg roll is a cylindrical, savory roll with shredded cabbage, chopped pork. Learn how to make egg rolls right at home!
These homemade egg rolls are filled with pork and vegetables, all wrapped up and Chinese egg rolls are a great snack or starter for any Asian style meal. These egg rolls can be assembled up to a. Place egg rolls into heated oil and fry, turning occasionally, until golden brown. You can cook Egg rolls using 9 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Egg rolls
- Prepare 1 lb of Jimmy dean maple sausage (regular is fine too).
- It’s 1 head of small cabbage.
- Prepare 1 of segment bean thread (4 come in a package).
- It’s 1 large of carrot (found in bulk area).
- Prepare 1 of package fresh bean sprouts.
- It’s 1 packages of egg roll wraps.
- You need of soy sauce.
- Prepare of vegetable oil (for frying).
- It’s of sweet and sour sauce (optional).
Remove from oil and drain on paper towels or rack. Put on serving plate and top with sesame seeds if desired. Egg rolls are a classic appetizer at Chinese restaurants, but there are also many simple simple varieties to make at home yourself and enjoy anytime. Egg Roll – Popular Chinese appetizer, and this recipe makes for the best egg rolls.
Egg rolls step by step
- Dice the carrot up or shred it, and cut the cabbage up well. You could also just use a bag of coleslaw mix, but I like to cut my own up..
- Add the sausage to a large skillet or large pot (I prefer a skillet). Get it frying being sure to break the meat up well with you cooking utensil, you don't want big lumps..
- When the meat is almost cooked through, and the cabbage, carrot and bean sprouts and some soy sauce and let cook down until veggies are tender but not mushy..
- Put sausage mix in a colander to drain out any excess liquid..
- While that is draining and cooling boil some water in a sauce pan, add the bean thread and remove from heat. Check them in a couple minutes, they should be done..
- Drain the bean thread as well and let cool until you can handle it. Cut bean thread up and add to sausage mixture and mix well..
- Place oil in a skillet or deep fryer over medium high heat. Be sure not to get it to hot or cool..
- While the oil is coming to temp, place some meat mixture in an egg roll wrapper and wrap it up. There will be a diagram showing you how to do that on the package..
- By the time your done rolling the egg rolls your oil will be ready. Fry until golden on each side. Place some paper towel in a large bowl. Place the egg rolls around the bowl standing up so any excess oil can drain..
- Let cook just a few minutes serve with sweet and sour sauce and your favorite main dish and enjoy!.
Jen shares her easy egg roll recipe (with sweet egg roll) and step-by-step picture cooking guide. Baking egg rolls definitely creates a different texture than frying, but I still liked them A LOT. I also experimented with freezing the egg rolls uncooked. After freezing I put them straight into a hot oven. The Best Egg Rolls Recipes on Yummly