Mexican egg rolls. Position egg roll wrapper with one corner pointing toward you. Mexican Spring Rolls were one of the home runs. Egg roll and wonton wrappers are found in the refrigerated section-usually in the vegetable section with to the tofu. ~* Southwestern Egg Rolls
Mexican Egg Rolls, Southwestern Egg Rolls, All American Egg Rolls, etc. Homemade Mexican egg roll recipe, made with tender shredded carnitas pork, fresh red cabbage, jalapenos and corn in an eggroll wrapper and baked til crunchy. These tasty bites were created several years ago. You can cook Mexican egg rolls using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mexican egg rolls
- You need 1 lb of ground beef.
- Prepare 1 of red onion.
- You need 2 of roma tomatoes.
- You need 1 of jalapeno pepper.
- You need 1 tbsp of each: ground cumin, black pepper, chilli powder, onion & garlic powder, salt, & cayenne pepper.
- Prepare 1 packages of cilantro.
- You need 2 of limes.
- You need 1 of 16oz container of sour cream.
- You need 1 packages of egg roll wrappers.
- You need 1 packages of shredded cheese: montery jack, pepper jack, chedder or ur favorite blend.
- It’s 1 of egg (for egg wash).
- It’s 1 of head of garlic.
These southwestern egg rolls are loaded with a colorful variety of vegetables, chicken, beans and plenty of melty cheese, all wrapped up Cuisine Mexican. Keyword egg rolls, southwestern egg rolls. These spicy baked Mexican Chicken Egg Rolls are the perfect little appetizers! Forget about the fried restaurant version, these babies are baked and much better for you!
Mexican egg rolls instructions
- Season & Brown ground hamburger discarding most of the oil that accumulates.
- Finely dice red onion & garlic. Remove the seeds then finely dice the tomatoes & jalapeno pepper.
- Add the diced onion, garlic & jalapeno to the browning hamburger meat (after removing most of the oil) cook for 5-6 mins then set aside to cool.
- Chop the cilantro then add 1/2 along with diced tomatoes to cooled hamburger mixture.
- Lay out an egg roll wrapper Add 1-2 tablespoons of cooled hamburger mixture, & top with shredded cheese. Brush the edges of the wrapper w/ egg wash to seal the edges once rolled.
- Heat in a pan enough oil to shallow fry. Fry each roll until golden brown turning to brown all sides. Drain to remove oil on paper towels or bag.
- Add the juice of 1 lime & about a teaspoon of the zest to the 16 oz of sour cream add a teaspoon or less(season to taste) of the spices used to season hamburger meat add then add remaining chopped cilantro & mix well. Use as a dipping sauce & enjoy!.
My favorite part about going to a Chinese restaurant is, drum roll Why Is An Egg Roll Called An Egg Roll. If you didn't know that egg rolls don't have eggs in them. Svi u kuci volimo Meksicku hranu,ali najvise volim da je pripremim kod kuce. Ovaj sam recept dobila od kume prije petnaestak godina i svi ga jako volimo. The Mexican egg roll, or for that matter, mini chimichangas.