Baked chicken egg rolls. These baked chicken egg rolls are so easy to make! Wonton wrappers are stuffed with shredded chicken, and tons of cheese and baked to a crispy perfection! Things are finally starting to feel settled here in Philly.
If you have never made homemade egg rolls, then this is the time to do it. They are beyond easy and like a million times healthier than the deep fried ones you get in a restaurant. Please enjoy this easy and flavorful recipe for cooking shrimp egg rolls in the oven. You can have Baked chicken egg rolls using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Baked chicken egg rolls
- You need 1 tbs of olive oil.
- It’s 1 cup of cabbage, chopped.
- Prepare 1 cups of shredded carrots.
- You need 1 cups of bean sprouts.
- Prepare 1 can of water chestnuts/ chopped.
- It’s 1 tsp of grated fresh ginger.
- It’s 1 tbs of soy sauce.
- You need 1 tbs of corn starch.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of water.
- It’s 12 of egg rolls.
- You need 2 tbs of green onions / sliced.
- Prepare 2 pieces of chicken breasts.
It is a fantastic alternative to the traditional fried egg roll. I made over this healthy version using lean chicken and fresh vegetables. Baking the egg rolls instead of frying them saves even more calories and these don't disappoint! Egg rolls are usually deep fried, which really increases the calorie and fat counts.
Baked chicken egg rolls step by step
- Prepare veggies. Carrots, ginger, cabbage, chestnuts green onions, prepare chicken, wash and cut them, in very hot wok add 1/2 spoon oil add chicken cook very quickly set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over m. Heat. Add cabbage, sprouts, carrots, chestnuts and ginger, cook stirring frequently for 5 mins. Add oil if necessary. Until they are wilt but still crispy. Mix corn starch with water and mix thoroughly. Add starch mixture with sauce and green onions to the pan. Add cooked chicken chicken, Cook extra 2 minutes. Until sauce thickens.
- After sauce cooled to handle, place two tbsp. Mixture on the center of the egg roll wrap..
- Fold the bottom up over the filling, next fold the two sides over..
- Roll it, prepare the oven to 400F. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray. Place the roiled up egg rolls on a baking sheet. After spray the top of each egg roll with cooking spray. Cook 8/10 minutes.
- Until they are golden brown..
- Serve them with your favorite sauce..
Be sure to use spring roll wrappers, which are thinner than egg roll wrappers; they will be crisp even though baked. These Spicy Baked Mexican Chicken Egg Rolls are a perfect appetizer! Forget about the fried restaurant version, these babies are just as good, baked and a loaded with tons flavor! Egg rolls are popular at Chinese restaurants, but deep-fried ones are usually loaded with fat and calories. If you love deep-fried egg rolls filled with meat and vegetables, try this homemade baked version using lean ground chicken.