My Own Version of Egg Foo Young. Egg Foo Young 芙蓉蛋 is an authentic Cantonese egg cuisine. Since it looks like a western style omelet, those who are unfamiliar with it will mistakenly cook it the way of making an omelet. In fact, they are originated from two sides of the world and created in an entirely different way.
In this video, I create my own rendition of Shrimp Egg Foo Young! I have been craving this treat for awhile and decided to try a homemade version. Egg Foo Young is often described as a Chinese omelet or egg pancake, leading some to confuse it with scallion pancakes. You can have My Own Version of Egg Foo Young using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of My Own Version of Egg Foo Young
- You need 4 of eggs.
- You need 10 pcs of tiger prawn, cut into 3 parts.
- It’s Half of small bowl of minced pork.
- You need of Spring onion.
- You need of White pepper.
- You need of Carrot, thinly sliced.
- It’s Half of green capsicum.
- You need Dash of salt.
In the course of writing this, I discovered that my own version of Egg Foo Young figures into one of my favorite comfort meals – Slow and Crispy Egg-Fried Rice. The best egg foo young I have ever had. To serve, place the egg patty over steamed rice and serve with the sauce on top. We'll never order this at a restaurant again as this version is so delicious, inexpensive to make & fast!
My Own Version of Egg Foo Young instructions
- In a wok add oil, then stir fry minced pork Cook until done then add prawns, carrot, capsicum and cook a while. Transfer to a plate and let it cool.
- In a big bowl crack eggs, add pepper spring onion and a little salt. Then beat it until the egg mixture are fluffy then pour the cooked ings. Mix well.
- Then heat a pan add oil and batch by batch scoop the mixture and fry..
Egg Foo Young – Easy, homemade recipe filled with ground pork, shrimp and bean sprouts and tastes much Egg Foo Young is a Chinese-style omelet filled with ground pork and various vegetables. In this recipe tutorial, you will learn how to make an authentic version of this popular egg dish. Egg foo young is an omelette dish found in Chinese Indonesian, British Chinese, and Chinese American cuisine. The name comes from the Cantonese language. Egg Foo Young is a classic–some might say retro–takeout dish that was transformed when Chinese chefs brought the dish to the US.