Healthier avocado egg salad. Avocado Egg Salad is an easy & healthy low carb twist on the classic recipe. Creamy, delicious & the perfect lunch or snack using leftover hard boiled eggs. This super flavorful Avocado Egg Salad is made with super simple ingredients.
If you are looking for healthy recipes, I recommend you the Healthy Avocado Egg Salad Recipe because it's easy to make and very tasty. Avocado makes a smooth, rich dressing for a lighter version of egg salad that doesn't contain mayonnaise. I love egg salad but was always looking for a healthier option for the mayo. You can cook Healthier avocado egg salad using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Healthier avocado egg salad
- You need 8 of eggs.
- Prepare 1 of avocado.
- Prepare 1 can of of tuna.
- You need 1 of zucchini.
- It’s 1 tbsp of capers.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of coconut grease.
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp of sour cream.
- Prepare 1 of olive oil.
- You need 1 of balsamic vinnegar.
- It’s 1 of salt and pepper.
I had an abundance of avocados one day and decided to experiment. Avocado egg salad takes classic egg salad up a notch. In addition to the avocado, we add a little mayonnaise for moisture, celery for crunch, fresh herbs and a small amount of lemon juice to brighten things up. If you are not a fan of mayonnaise, leave it out completely or substitute with plain yogurt.
Healthier avocado egg salad instructions
- Put the eggs in water and let them boil for 10-15 minutes. Then leave them in cold water to cool down..
- Wash the zucchini and cut it in half, then cut it across into thin pieces. Put the coconut grease in the pan and cook the zucchini for 8-12 min..
- While the eggs and zucchini are cooking, use the spoon to 'empty' avocado. Put it in a bowl with sour cream and mash them together to get a more smooth mixture..
- Peal the eggs and finely cut them into a salad bowl. Add zucchini, tuna (without the oil) and capers..
- Now add the avocado mixture. Add also some salt and pepper, olive oil and balsamic vinnegar to taste..
- The salad is ready! You can eat it as a main dish or as a side dish to meat, fish… The eggs make the dish a little heavy, but it is still a very healthy lunch/dinner!.
Avocado makes a delicious and nutritious addition to egg salad and thanks to its naturally creamy texture, you can enjoy egg salad without the adding mayo! It's packed full of fiber thanks to the avocado and is great if you are on a low-carb, paleo or keto diet or if you simply want a healthy salad. This avocado egg salad takes your classic egg salad recipe and adds healthy avocado for a creamy, nutritious and tasty new recipe you're sure to love. Replacing mayonnaise with avocado in this Avocado Egg Salad gives your egg salad a nutritional boost without comprimising in flavour and texture. This Avocado Egg Salad is a perfect sandwich filler, great for topping toast, spreading on veggies or just eating by the spoonful!