Healthy Avocado Egg Salad (No Mayo). This Avocado Egg Salad is just as delicious as traditional egg salad recipes, but it makes a healthy swap! I love it the traditional way loaded with mayo, but made this version with avocado for a few reasons. First, nutritionally speaking, avocados stack up a whole lot better than mayonnaise does.
A healthy twist on your childhood favourite, this No-Mayo Avocado Egg Salad is made with fresh dill, onion, lemon and best of all it's mayo free! No-Mayo Avocado Egg Salad is the healthiest version of Egg Salad! Cut out the fatty mayonnaise by using creamy avocado and Greek yogurt for the best egg salad! You can cook Healthy Avocado Egg Salad (No Mayo) using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Healthy Avocado Egg Salad (No Mayo)
- You need 4 of Eggs.
- You need 1/2 of Avocado.
- You need 2 Tablespoons of Greek Yogurt.
- You need 1 tsp of Mustard.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Salt.
- You need 1 tsp of Pepper.
- It’s Dash of Paprika.
Swap out the mayo in this keto avocado egg salad bursting with essential antioxidants. Eggs are a great source of protein, healthy fats and CLA, making it one of the best satiating foods you can eat on keto! We recommend making a batch of hard-boiled eggs every week for easy meal prep. Avocado Egg Salad is an easy & healthy low carb twist on the classic recipe.
Healthy Avocado Egg Salad (No Mayo) step by step
- Place eggs in a medium pot. Cover them with cool water by 1 inch. Slowly bring water to a boil over medium heat; when the water has reached a boil, cover and remove from heat..
- Wait 10 minutes and transfer eggs to a colander; place under cool running water to stop the cooking..
- While eggs are still cooling, scoop 1/2 Avocado into a bowl and mash with a fork until you reach your desired consistency..
- Stir in 2 tablespoons Greek Yogurt, 1 teaspoon Mustard, 1 teaspoon Salt, and 1 teaspoon Pepper to the mashed Avocado..
- Peel eggs and add them to the Avocado mixture one at a time, chopping each egg into the mixture with a fork as you go..
- Serve over a bed of arugula for a light, Gluten-Free option, or on top of toasted bread for a healthy, Vegetarian lunch..
- Garnish with Paprika.
We receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase using our links. Love that no mayo is needed and the avocado made a very nice touch. I've converted: I have no desire to ever make egg salad with mayo again. I omitted the celery and used just a dash of garlic powder and seasoned salt. Replacing mayonnaise with avocado in this Avocado Egg Salad gives your egg salad a nutritional boost without comprimising in flavour and texture.