Indonesian tofu egg salad with spicy sweet soy dipping sauce (tahu telur sambal kecap). If you've never tried Sambal Telur (Eggs in Spicy Sambal), this South East Asian side dish will blow your taste buds out of the water. There, a stack of freshly fried Bakwan Jagung (Indonesian corn fritters) awaited a splash of kecap manis (sweet soy sauce) and tempted us with their crispy, crunchy. Recipe by Kozmic Blues. cup soy mayonnaise (or regular, your choice).
In a non-stick pan, heat up oil over medium high heat. One of the easiest spicy Indonesian sambal you will ever prepare. This authentic Kecap Manis recipe is easy to make and is superbly Kecap manis is such a deliciously versatile sauce and will do wonders for a vast variety of It's also commonly used in satays. You can have Indonesian tofu egg salad with spicy sweet soy dipping sauce (tahu telur sambal kecap) using 14 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Indonesian tofu egg salad with spicy sweet soy dipping sauce (tahu telur sambal kecap)
- You need of For salad:.
- It’s of Deep fried tofu (you can use silk or firm tofu then fried it) mine I bought it in Asian store and it’s already fried.
- It’s of Fried egg (egg omelette).
- You need of Shredded cabbage.
- You need of Shredded carrot.
- It’s of Bean sprouts.
- You need of Chopped green onion.
- Prepare of Little oil.
- You need of For sauce:.
- Prepare of Sweet soy sauce.
- You need of Minced garlic.
- It’s of Sliced shallots.
- It’s of Chopped birds chilliest or Thai chilies.
- Prepare of Lemon juice.
Try adding it to Asian-style salad dressings, peanut sauces. Egg tofu has a pale golden yellow colour as a result of the addition of eggs (and occasionally, food Health Benefits & Properties As with all tofu, egg tofu is high in calcium, protein and iron, while Selection Look out for tofu made with non-GMO soya beans. How to Cut the Tofu Egg tofu is usually. Tahu telur (tahu means tofu and telur means eggs) is like egg foo yung with pieces of fried tofu.
Indonesian tofu egg salad with spicy sweet soy dipping sauce (tahu telur sambal kecap) step by step
- For salad: In a small bowl crack the egg and beat it until no white remind. Set aside..
- In a medium non-stick skillet over medium heat, add the oil. Pour in eggs and tilt pan so eggs fully cover the entire pan. Cook for 2 minutes and flipped over, cook another side too..
- When the egg turns golden brown turns off the heat. Transfer the egg omelette on a plate or cutting board. You can sliced or either leave it as it is..
- Sliced the fried tofu. And mixed all the vegetables..
- For the sauce: In a small bowl add all the sauce ingredients and mixed well..
- For assembly: I like to arrange the whole omelette on a plate, then add the vegetables on it. Sprinkle with tofu sliced then lastly pour the sauce over the tofu. But of course you can sliced your omelette and arranged it with the rest of the ingredients..
- Enjoy 😊.
- Note: For me I like to enjoy it with Indonesian shrimp crackers..
- ❤️HappyCooking ❤️.
The delicately rich and eggy result gets crowned with crunchy vegetables and savory-sweet-spicy sauce, typically peanut sauce or chile-spiked sweet soy sauce; both sauces are in the photo above. This sweet, thick, soy sauce is spiked with chiles and shallots. Sambal Kecap (Sweet Soy Dipping Sauce). Indonesian sweet soy sauce aka kecap manis is one of my most used sauces besides soy sauce and oyster sauce. Tofu with peanut sauce (tahu goreng) What better way to eat tofu* than doused in a sweet and tangy Pho noodle salad with tofu, wombok and broccolini.