Easy Egg Drop Soup. It's also one of the easiest soups I know. Easy Egg Drop Soup. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Egg drop soup is a really simple boiled chicken broth soup and is considered a Chinese comfort food.
You might recognize egg drop soup from the bowl you get with the lunch plates at Chinese-American restaurants, with swirling strands of eggs floating in a light, savory broth. I know it from my Chinese grandmother, who made this quick and easy soup even though she was also known for her other. Egg drop soup also is known as egg flower soup. You can have Easy Egg Drop Soup using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Easy Egg Drop Soup
- Prepare 4 cups of chicken broth or stock.
- Prepare 2-3 tbs of cornstarch (based on how thick you like it).
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground ginger.
- You need 1/4 tsp of ground turmeric.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 3 of eggs.
- Prepare 2 of green onions – sliced on a bias (optional).
- You need 1 tsp of Sesame oil (optional).
You probably ordered it many times from a Chinese restaurant. It's made with eggs, ginger, green onions, and mushrooms. Chicken Egg Drop Soup Egg drop soups are a great way to make use of leftover ingredients in your fridge. Tomato Egg Drop Soup Savory and tangy at the same time, this tomato egg drop soup will surely whet your appetite for more.
Easy Egg Drop Soup instructions
- In a medium sauce pan wisk together chicken broth, cornstarch, ginger, and turmeric. Bring to a simmer over medium high heat. Stirring frequently. While broth is heating up, wisk eggs together in a separate bowl. Set aside..
- When broth simmers reduce heat to medium low. Slowly begin stirring in a circular motion. As you stir, slowly drizzle in beaten eggs to form into "ribbons". If using green onions, stir in two thirds of the slices immediately after eggs..
- Turn heat to low and let soup sit 2 minutes. Drizzle in sesame oil if using and stir to combine. Dish up and garnish with remaining green onions to serve..
- Note: For thinner egg ribbons continue stirring with the wisk when adding eggs. For thicker ribbons switch to a wooden spoon..
This fast and easy homemade egg drop soup comes together in just a few minutes and has a ginger infused broth that is extra comforting to an achy head and body. You may have noticed that classic egg drop soup has a slight thickness to it, and the broth isn't as thin as a traditional chicken broth. There are many variations of egg drop soup, but this recipe is a classic restaurant-style egg drop soup that you can make at home. Egg drop soup, or egg flower soup, has long been a favorite at Chinese restaurants. Many people have always wanted to try their hand at making the dish, but were worried how it would turn out.