Bitter Melon with Egg. In this stir-fried bitter melon with eggs dish, in particular, using more eggs will also make the dish more enjoyable. If you still think you cannot handle the bitterness of bitter melon, I recommend this Stir-fried Cucumber with Egg instead. A friend recently told us that his mom briefly blanched bitter.
Bitter melon is a tropical vegetable that's grown in Asia, Africa, and the Caribbean. It's known for its bitter flavor and thought to have a variety of health Whether you prefer simple stir-fried bitter melon, a Thai flavor that mixes the melon with eggs, or bitter melon with onion and Indian spices, you can. When bitter melon is prepared correctly, it isn't so bitter and can be quite delicious. You can have Bitter Melon with Egg using 4 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Bitter Melon with Egg
- Prepare 3 pcs of eggs.
- You need 1 pc of bitter gourd.
- Prepare of Minced garlic.
- Prepare of Chicken powder.
There are a couple of varieties. There are two popular Vietnamese dishes that utilizes bitter melon. One is a simple stir fry with eggs (Khổ Qua Xào Trứng). The other is stuffed bitter melon.
Bitter Melon with Egg instructions
- Wash and cut bitter gourd into slices. Then dip in a salted water for 5 mins. After that remove from water and squeezed. Then wash again..
- Beat eggs and add a little salt..
- Heat pan add oil and stir fry egg. Temove and set aside for later use..
- In same pan add oil and saute garlic and bitter gourd. Add water cover and let it simmer. When half done season with chicken powder then add fried eggs. Mix well and serve.
Bitter Melon & Egg – Mara Pad Kai (or Mara Pad Khai)*. Kasma's Notes and Pointers for Bitter Melon & Egg: Bitter melons are less bitter when they have fully ripened. A ripe melon will be light green in color with. Bitter melon contributes dietary fibre into our diet. Trust me, it's great for bowel health!