Super Easy Thai Sweet Chili Sauce Chicken. Today I'm sharing my easy & delicious sweet chili chicken recipe! Homemade from scratch (sauce & all) The perfect recipe for a quick. I developed this Thai sweet chili sauce chicken because I love crispy chicken with sticky sweet sauce.
This sauce is delicious on chicken, shrimp, egg rolls, lumpia, chow mein and fried rice. To make it, simply add all of the sweet chili sauce ingredients into a food processor and process until mix until the sauce no longer has big. This Thai Sweet Chili Chicken is a great weekday dish to immediately satisfy your Asian takeout craving. You can have Super Easy Thai Sweet Chili Sauce Chicken using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Super Easy Thai Sweet Chili Sauce Chicken
- Prepare 3.5 pounds of chicken drums and/or thighs, scored twice on each side about 1 inch apart.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of Thai sweet chili sauce (I used Mae Ploy brand.).
- It’s 1/4 cup of chopped cilantro.
- It’s 2.5 Tablespoons of fish sauce.
- Prepare 2 Tablespoons of honey.
- You need 2 Tablespoons of sriracha or sambal.
- You need 1 Tablespoon of minced or grated ginger (you can use a teaspoon of dried ginger if you don't have fresh).
- It’s 1 Tablespoon of minced or grated garlic.
- You need 2 Tablespoons of minced shallot (1/4 cup of chopped green onion or 3 Tablespoons of minced onion will work in a pinch).
- Prepare 2 Tablespoons of lime or lemon juice.
It is addictively good, super easy to make, and healthier than the restaurant version. This recipe shares a few secrets to create the best sweet chili chicken in less time, yields the best result. RelevancePopularQuick & Easy. olive oil, sweet chili sauce, Brussels sprouts, salt, sweet chili sauce. Easy Thai Chicken – So sticky, so tender, so moist and just packed with so much flavor.
Super Easy Thai Sweet Chili Sauce Chicken step by step
- Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl and massage gently and thoroughly to ensure even seasoning..
- Let marinate for at least an hour, up to three hours, before roasting. If you're going to roast in an hour, best to leave the chicken out on the counter and allow it to come up to room temp before roasting. Halfway through the marinade time, redistribute the chicken to ensure even seasoning..
- 15 minutes before roasting, preheat the oven to 425F..
- Set the chicken on a rack over a roasting pan (or on a broiler pan with slats), keeping the extra marinade to glaze the chicken in the last 15 minutes of roasting..
- Roast the chicken on the center oven rack for 30-40 minutes depending on the size of the pieces, then spoon the leftover marinade in even portions over the chicken pieces and continue to roast for another 15 minutes to give it a chance to caramelize..
- That's it! If you're looking for a veg side, you might like it with: https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/2004832-thai-inspired-green-apple-slaw or https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/1700287-quick-easy-srirachafied-cucumber-salad. (Just copy and paste the url.).
And since I make a ton of chicken recipes, well, there's just a lot of leftover chicken in my fridge. Shortly after that response, he devoured these sweet and sticky Thai chicken thighs in seconds without taking a. Easy sweet chili chicken is your answer to a quick weeknight dinner. I actually made the sweet chili sauce again last week because we both loved it so much. The sweet chili sauce gets super thick after being stored in the fridge for a few days, but melts right down when spooned over warm food.