Chicken and Bean Quesadilla. In medium bowl, mix chicken, bell pepper, green onions, beans and rice. A shredded lettuce salad tossed with slices of ripe olives, avocado and tomatoes makes a nice accompaniment to these quesadillas. Distribute cooked chicken and onion over beans, and sprinkle with cheese.
But you can substitute any melty cheese you prefer. And, if you're craving beef, try our Ultimate Ground Beef Quesadilla. Let us know how you liked it int he comments below. You can cook Chicken and Bean Quesadilla using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken and Bean Quesadilla
- It’s of Cooking spray.
- It’s 1 can of black beans.
- Prepare 2 lbs of chicken breast diced.
- You need 1 cup of diced red onion.
- It’s 2 tsp of cumin.
- It’s 8 oz of mushrooms.
- Prepare 16 of small corn tortillas.
- Prepare 2 cups of shredded cheddar.
- It’s Packet of fiesta ranch dry mix.
- Prepare 2 cups of greek yogurt.
Chicken and Black Bean great for parties because you can assemble them the day before, then throw them on the skillet or grill right before. My cookbook features this chicken and black bean quesadilla recipe – Pete's absolute favorite meal. When I leave town, I make sure to have plenty of. Tortillas that are stuffed with cheese, grilled chicken, black beans, corn, onions, and red peppers.
Chicken and Bean Quesadilla step by step
- Spray a pan with cooking spray and sauté beans(drained and rinsed), onion, mushroom, cumin, and chicken for 5-6 min or until chicken is cooked through..
- Remove from pan and set aside..
- Spray pan again, place 1 tortilla in pan, put 2 tbsp of cheese on tortilla, then 1/2 cup of chicken mixture. Place another tortilla on top, cook for 2 min on both sides..
- Repeat for 7 more quesadillas..
- Cut into quarters..
- Mix the ranch packet and yogurt and spoon over quesadillas. Serve hot. (Taco sauce, salsa, or chipolte sauce are all good substitutes for the spicy ranch).
- This recipe is great with my Mexican Shredded Chicken recipe in it..
Whole wheat tortillas stuffed with refried beans, chicken and melted Cheddar cheese. I called them "hearty" black bean quesadillas because they are surprisingly filling. I hastily ate two and then promptly felt like my belly was going to explode. Drain the can of beans and rinse lightly. Place the beans in a large bowl along with the corn (no need to thaw).