Whole Baked Chicken*very easy* with Baked Baby Potatoes. Chicken is cooked very moist and just with a hint of sweet and sour from the apple juice. Potatoes have a lovely taste of melted butter and the lemon juice gives it a little kick. Garlic Butter Baked Chicken Thighs with PotatoesDiethood.
Serve as a delicious quick and easy side dish with a BBQ, or perhaps in a large bowl when entertaining at a party where people can help Another nice suggestion for you to accompany the Easy Baked Baby Potatoes is our Creamy Chicken Stroganoff. A very hot oven quickly roasts the potatoes and finishes the chicken without overcooking. I thought this was a very good dish and easy enough for a week night. You can cook Whole Baked Chicken*very easy* with Baked Baby Potatoes using 13 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Whole Baked Chicken*very easy* with Baked Baby Potatoes
- You need of For chicken:.
- It’s of Whole chicken.
- It’s 1.5 L of Apple juice.
- Prepare of Fresh thyme.
- It’s 2 spoons of honey.
- Prepare of Salt.
- It’s of For potatoes:.
- You need of Baby potatoes.
- You need 150 g of butter.
- You need Half of lemon.
- It’s 3 of garlic cloves.
- It’s of Thyme.
- You need of Salt.
I didn't modify the seasonings, but I did add some carrots and brussels sprouts to the. Serve the baked chicken and potatoes with vegetables or with a salad to make it a complete meal. I made this recipe with chicken thighs, you can replace them with chicken breasts, drumsticks or with a combination of the three. If you are using other chicken cuts, you may have to adjust the cooking time.
Whole Baked Chicken*very easy* with Baked Baby Potatoes step by step
- Wash chicken and place it to the deep baking dish.
- Pour apple juice so it would cover the chicken approx half way.
- Add tyme and some salt..
- Place it in the oven at 200c degrees. Cook for around 1-1/2h. To get the crispy skin apply the honey to the top of the chicken that is not covered by the juice sometime 45min into the baking..
- For the potatoes: wash and cut the potatoes in half..
- Place it in the baking tray..
- Melt the butter. Once it's melted squeeze lemon juice. Pour the mixture on the potatoes..
- Add garlic and thyme. Add some salt. Bake it for 30-40min together with the chicken at the 200c degrees..
Take out of the oven and carefully flip chicken around. But you're right, it's definitely easier to bake a whole chicken than a giant turkey. This chicken recipe is simple, very tender, juicy, and delicious. The potatoes soak in the chicken juices and are so good. After the chicken was done I covered it with potatoes scooped juice over the pile and then sprinkled with Parmesan.