Super Easy Mex-Inspired Chicken Stew. Buy us a cup of coffee. Thank you all so much for watching our recipe videos and supporting our channel. If you would to further support and help us.
Follow this recipe for an easy and delicious weeknight meal. Zesty jalapeños bring the heat to this Mexican-inspired chicken dinner. This easy chicken stew recipe is simple to make and super comforting! You can cook Super Easy Mex-Inspired Chicken Stew using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Super Easy Mex-Inspired Chicken Stew
- Prepare 2 pounds of boneless, skinless chicken thighs.
- You need 1-1.5 teaspoons of kosher salt.
- Prepare 1/2 of an onion, cut into 1/4" slices vertically.
- It’s 4 of garlic cloves, crushed.
- You need 12 of grape or cherry tomatoes (or you can cut a couple of Romas or regular salad tomatoes into 6 pieces each).
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of cumin.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of achiote (or you can use chili powder or paprika).
- You need 2 Tablespoons of lime juice.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of sugar.
- You need 1 of bay leaf.
- You need 1/4 cup of water, white wine, or unsalted stock.
- You need of chopped cilantro and green onions.
This hearty chicken stew recipe is simple to make and super comforting! It'll stick to your ribs and keep you warm all winter long. This is one of those stews that (in my opinion anyway) are better the next day. Get your Tex Mex fix with these easy chicken fajitas that will keep them asking for more.
Super Easy Mex-Inspired Chicken Stew step by step
- Layer the chicken thighs on the bottom of your pot (4 to 5 quart pot should do).
- Sprinkle salt evenly over chicken..
- Throw all the other ingredients in..
- Cover and turn heat on to medium, cooking for 30 minutes total, stirring occasionally. If it gets a little too bubbly in there and solids are starting to stick to the bottom, just turn the heat down a tad..
- Looks like this after the 30 mins. This is when you'd want to adjust seasonings, if needed. Turn heat down to low and cook, lid askew, for another 10 minutes..
- Sprinkle with cilantro and green onions. That's it!.
- Enjoy. :).
These hearty chicken stews don't require any chopping, sautéing, or browning — simply toss a few ingredients into the Instant Pot and let it do all the work. Welcome to Snapshot Cooking, the home of Kitchn's easiest recipes. These mini recipes are so simple you can practically cook from the. The Thai accents in this fragrant chicken stew come from creamy coconut milk, fresh ginger, salty fish sauce and lime. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the chicken and vegetables to shallow bowls.