Three Cup Chicken. How to Make Three Cup Chicken Crispy? If you like crispy chicken, you may deep fry the chicken quickly until the outer part of the chicken are fried, but may not cooked through inside. Three Cup Chicken–regardless of whether or not you've heard of it, you'll definitely like it.
Three cups chicken is originated from the province of Jiangxi in China. Legend has it that it was created by Wen Tianxiang who was a scholar-general in the last years of the Southern Song Dynasty. Traditionally, three cup chicken is made with an entire chicken, carved-up, bone-in, and skin-on. You can cook Three Cup Chicken using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Three Cup Chicken
- Prepare 1 of free range chicken (cut 8).
- You need 1/2 cup of premium dark soy sauce.
- It’s 1/2 cup of sesame oil.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of shaoxing wine.
- It’s 4 of garlics (mashed).
- You need 1/2 of ginger (cut and mashed).
- You need 3 of spring onion (cut).
- You need 1 of red chilli.
- You need 1 handful of thai basil.
- It’s of Cooking oil.
- It’s of Sugar.
It's braised in a sweet and savory broth until it gets a nice, sticky glaze. Three Cup Chicken – a classic Chinese staple! Tender chicken cooked in a sweet and savory glaze made with sesame oil, soy sauce and Shaoxing wine. Skip the restaurant and make your own at home.
Three Cup Chicken step by step
- Prepare all the ingredients.
- Heat the pan, fry the ginger, next put in the sesame oil and the chicken, then put in the garlic..
- Add the shaoxing wine and soy sauce, bring to boil until the chicken is cooked..
- When the sauce get thickened, put in the chilli, basil and spring onion and season with sugar..
- After the chicken get tendered, set aside, let it cool, so the chicken would absorb the sauce well..
Taiwan Eats: Three Cup Chicken (San Bei Ji). All products linked here have been independently selected by our. Stir together the soy sauce, rice wine and sugar in a bowl, pour over chicken. How to Make Chinese Dishes Like Three-Cup Chicken and Smashed Cucumbers. Three cup chicken (san bei ji 三杯鸡) is a uniquely Taiwanese delicacy of chicken braised in sesame oil, Chinese wine and soy sauces.