Simple Hainanese Chicken in Rice Cooker. Hainanese Chicken Rice. featured in Brilliant Chicken Dishes From Around The World. Recipe with step by step photos for Hainanese Chicken Rice and soup. The chicken and rice are cooked together in one rice cooker pot, which makes this dish extremely easy to prepare, but no flavour is sacrificed!
Besides all the recognition received across the globe, serving Hainanese chicken rice is deceptively simple. The chicken is poached in sub-boiling. Hainanese Chicken Rice is a very popular dish in Singapore and Malaysia. You can have Simple Hainanese Chicken in Rice Cooker using 10 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Simple Hainanese Chicken in Rice Cooker
- Prepare Half of breast chicken fillet.
- It’s 100 ml of rice.
- It’s 160 ml of broth.
- It’s 1 tsp of grated garlic (you can use garlic powder in lesser quantity).
- It’s 1 tsp of grated ginger (you can use ginger powder in lesser quantity).
- You need 1/2 tsp of onion flakes (a few regular onion slice swill do).
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of sesame oil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of oil (I used fermented garlic oil, but you can use sunflower, corn, etc.).
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s of Lime juice.
In fact, Singapore has claimed this as their national dish! It's not just plain white rice. Normally, the uncooked rice is stir-fried in ginger and garlic, then cooked in chicken broth. Learn how to make delicious, easy, and quick Hainanese chicken rice with a pressure cooker or RICE setting on Instant pot.
Simple Hainanese Chicken in Rice Cooker instructions
- Coat chicken with salt and lime juice..
- Mix all ingredients except chicken in a rice cooker (I use a small one, 600 ml capacity)..
- Put the chicken inside. Press COOK and wait until it's cooked..
Can be cooked using rice cooker too. Simplified Hainanese chicken rice. (Adam Liaw). Add the garlic and ginger stir until starting to brown, then strain through a sieve. Reserve the oil and discard the solids. Place the rice in a rice cooker or heavy-based saucepan.