Chicken pie. Chicken pie is proper comfort food for a family dinner. We have lots of recipes whether you like puff pastry, potato-topped or a light filo-wrapped Chicken pie is proper comfort food for a family dinner. Get the perfect chicken pie whether you opt for crisp puff or buttery shortcrust pastry.
From easy chicken and mushroom pie to spectacular pithiviers. The Ultimate Homemade Chicken Pot Pie. How to make Chicken Puffs with Homemade Puff Pastry Sheets. You can have Chicken pie using 14 ingredients and 19 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken pie
- You need 1 kg of flour.
- Prepare 300 g of magarine.
- You need 2 teaspoon of baking powder.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1 glass of milk.
- It’s 350 g of minced chicken.
- It’s 2 of small irish potatoes(spuds).
- It’s 1 of small piece of carrots.
- It’s 1 of white onion.
- You need 1 of cooking spoon vegetable oil.
- You need 2 of knorr cubes.
- It’s 2 teaspoon of curry powder.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- Prepare 1 of Egg.
Plus, this homemade chicken pot pie is super easy to make, which makes it a great recipe for One of our most popular and top-rated meals of all time, this classic chicken pot pie recipe has a flaky. This chicken pot pie recipe is loaded with flavor. It's got flaky pie crust and a buttery creamy chicken pot pie filling with chicken breast, a mix of fresh and frozen vegetables. This Chicken Pot Pie recipe is made by poaching uncooked chicken in stock and milk which is then Here's what goes in Chicken Pot Pie.
Chicken pie instructions
- Placed the minced chicken in a bowl,add stock cubes(crushed),thyme,salt,curry powder.mix till everything is combined..
- Cover and place in the fridge for 20minutes,peel the irish potatoes cut into medium cubes..
- Scrape the carrots and grate,diced the onions..
- Boil the cubes of irish potatoes in small water and add salt to taste.cook till done not soft..
- Drain the water from the irish potatoes and keep aside.after 20minutes of the irish potatoes being in fridge set a clean pot on the heat..
- Pour the vegetable oil and when hot pour in the diced onion,stir for a bit..
- Add the margarinated chicken and stir vigourously.the aim is to get small stand alone pieces of chicne by the time the chicken is pale..
- When the chicken is pale add small quantity of water,and the remaining curry powder..
- Add the boiled orish potatoes and the grated carrots.cover and boil onces again add the thicken prepared..
- Sift the flour into big enough bowl.add the baking powder and salt and mix very well..
- Use a spoon add the margarine in small scoops,mix by hand till the mix becomes like crumbs..
- Start adding the milk bit by bit till a sift ball of dough is formed.leave the dough in a bowl,cover and set aside for 10minutes..
- Knead it again it will be softer and smoother.use baking sheets to line the oven tray..
- Break the egg and beat,roll the dough on a flat surface.make round cuts on the dough using a dough cutter.remove the excess dough..
- Scoope some chicken pie filling into the center of the round dough..
- Rub the egg on the inside edge of the round cuts.close and use a fork to close tight..
- Place the finished pie in the oven tray,and repeat same for the dough and filling..
- Rub the egg on the chicken pies,so that they will be shinny when done..
- Place the oven tray on a preheated oven and bake at 180°c till pight brown..
Nothing unusual here – but just a couple of comments on some. Making chicken pot pie is easier than you think with these deliciously inspired recipes. Nothing says comfort food like a good, old fashioned homemade chicken pot pie. This Chicken Pie recipe has everything you need in a creamy chicken pie. Moist, tasty, home cooked chicken, added vegetables and a light chicken pie sauce made with the chicken stock.