Chicken Fricassee. Easy and excellent Chicken Fricassee recipe! Serve this amazing chicken fricassee recipe with our creamy mashed potatoes and a crusty bread to experience the fullness of French cuisine. Chicken Fricassee from Delish.com is an indulgent weeknight meal.
This classic French one-pan meal recipe is incredibly simple to prepare. A classic chicken stew with chicken breasts simmering in white wine and vegetables is sure to bring comfort to your table. A fricassee is halfway between a saute and a stew. You can have Chicken Fricassee using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken Fricassee
- You need of Chicken (cooked or uncooked).
- It’s of Mushrooms.
- You need of Bacon or pancetta.
- You need Tin of mushroom soup (condensed makes the sauce thicker).
- You need of You may need a little milk if using condensed soup.
- It’s Tin of tomatoes.
- Prepare of Peas (straight from the freezer is fine).
- It’s Tin of sweetcorn.
- Prepare of Onion.
- Prepare of Rice.
A true classic — with as many variations as there are grandmothers in France — it relies on humble ingredients and just a single pot. This Chicken Fricassee recipe is an easy and hearty weeknight meal. This comforting stew is loaded with pearl onions, mushrooms, and chicken. I guarantee you'll be craving seconds!
Chicken Fricassee instructions
- If the chicken is not already cooked, cook it and put to one side! I use my lovely electric wok for this recipe!.
- Put the rice on to cook.
- Chop the onion and soften in a little oil or butter with the bacon and pancetta.
- Add the chicken, peas and sweetcorn and stir.
- Then add the soup (with a little milk if you're using condensed), the tomatoes and the mushrooms (I have to chop mushrooms small so they don't get noticed by the children!!) Mix it all up..
- Cook through until nice and hot and the rice is ready..
- Serve up!.
Chicken Fricassee in the house today, my friends. Chicken fricassee is a classic French comfort food dish where the chicken is sauteed in a pot then braised in a thick and creamy sauce. Take chicken sticks and season with salt and pepper. Get your pan nice and hot, pour some olive oil Place your chicken into the pan. Chicken Fricassee – a comforting and flavorful one-pan chicken stew and vegetables in a velvety sauce that is perfect as a family weeknight meal and a casual intimate dinner for entertaining.