Dry Chilli Chicken. Easy recipe for Indian Chinese Chilli Chicken Dry. This will give you fool proof restaurant style chinese chilli chicken every single time! I adapted this Dry Chilli Chicken recipe from Chinese Kung Pao Chicken which is one of the best Singapore dishes I've tasted.
It's spicy (it's called chilli chicken after all), it's got a crunch from the flour coating over the chicken and the. Chilli Chicken is a widely popular Indian-Chinese stir fry chicken mainly prepared with boneless chicken pieces. This dry chilli chicken tastes best eating with a roomali roti or any roti recipe or we can have it plain. You can cook Dry Chilli Chicken using 16 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Dry Chilli Chicken
- Prepare 500 gms of chicken small cubes.
- It’s 2 tablespoon of cornflour.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- You need 1 teaspoon of ginger powder.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of garlic powder.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of ginger chopped finely.
- You need 1 teaspoon of garlic chopped finely.
- It’s 1 of capsicum cut into cubes.
- You need 2 of onion cut into cubes.
- It’s 2 teaspoon of black pepper.
- It’s 3 tablespoon of tomato ketchup.
- Prepare 2 tablespoon of soya sauce.
- It’s 2 tablespoon of chilli sauce.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of vinegar.
- It’s As per needed of Salt.
- Prepare As required of Vegetable oil.
Below are the recipe details on how to make chilli chicken dry recipe with detailed steps and video. Making Restaurant style Chilli Chicken Dry or Chilli Chicken Gravy at home is not that difficult you know. I agree its a bit lengthy process, but at least there is no fear of artificial colour or MSG. Chilli chicken dry is a recipe originally borrowed from the Chinese.
Dry Chilli Chicken instructions
- Marinate the chicken with vinegar, ginger powder, garlic powder, salt and half of the black pepper. Keep it aside for at least 1hour..
- Beat the egg and add the cornflour. Add more cornflour if required..
- Heat some oil in a pan and deep fry the chicken. Pieces. In the beginning make the oil smoking hot. Then add the chicken pieces. Lower the flame so that it gets cooked from inside. Then increase the flame to make it golden brown. Keep it aside..
- In the same pan, add some more oil if required. Add the chopped ginger and garlic..
- Saute it well and then add the onions..
- Saute it till translucent. Add the capsicum..
- Add salt and then fry in a medium flame and keep it covered for sometime. Repeat the process untill the veggies get cooked well..
- Add the tomato ketchup, soya sauce and chilli sauce. Mix them well. Add the chicken pieces..
- Saute it for sometime and then add half cup of water. (you may alter the quantity of chilli sauce according to your taste)..
- Saute it well and keep it covered for sometime so that the sauce penetrates inside the chicken..
- Add the black pepper, mix it well. Remove it from the flame..
- Serve hot..
This spicy Chinese food is now What is interesting about Chilli chicken dry is that it is actually a very easy Chinese recipe to try out. Chilli chicken is a classic when it comes to Indo-Chinese food. Deep fried chicken chubes tossed with ginger garlic, onions, capsicum, chinese sauces and fresh green chillies. This recipe is a dry chilli chicken version, however if you prefer the gravy version of chilli chicken then just double up the sauce recipe to make it more saucy 🙂. I love to browse across the site and pick the best deal and use it.