A Favorite with Children Easy Teriyaki Lotus Root Meatballs. Teriyaki Meatballs are baked in the oven and smothered in a sticky homemade teriyaki sauce. They are the perfect party food and easy appetizer recipe! A Favorite with Children Easy Teriyaki Lotus Root Meatballs Recipe by cookpad.japan.
The Best Lotus Root Recipes on Yummly Marinated Lotus Root, Lotus Root Soup, Lotus Root Chips. Unfortunately, lotus root is not one of the common vegetables consumed among Aussies and you hardly see it at supermarkets, not even at Harris Farms in Sydney. You can cook A Favorite with Children Easy Teriyaki Lotus Root Meatballs using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of A Favorite with Children Easy Teriyaki Lotus Root Meatballs
- You need 400 grams of Ground chicken.
- It’s 200 grams of Lotus root.
- Prepare 1 of Leek.
- You need 1 piece of about twice the size of your thumbtip ◎Ginger (grated).
- Prepare 2 tbsp of ◎Miso.
- It’s 2 tbsp of ◎Katakuriko.
- You need 1 of Vegetable oil.
- You need of For the sauce:.
- It’s 4 tbsp of □Soy sauce.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of □Sugar.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of □Mirin.
- You need 2 tbsp of □Sake.
These Meatballs are tender even when cold and the lotus root really adds a fun and beautiful texture! You should keep them on standby since they make the. If you think that your child. The lotus root is mild tasting with a pleasantly sweet flavor.
A Favorite with Children Easy Teriyaki Lotus Root Meatballs step by step
- Peel the lotus root and mince roughly. Mince the leek. Combine the □ ingredients in a separate bowl and set aside..
- Add the ground chicken to the lotus root mixture. Add the ◎ ingredients and mix well until you have a sticky paste..
- Divide the paste into portions. You may wish to shape them. Heat vegetable oil in a pan. Line the meatballs in the pan..
- Cook the meatballs on both sides until they form a golden brown crust. Add about 2 tablespoons of water to the pan, then cover with a lid to steam..
- When the meatballs are cooked through, remove the lid and absorb the remaining water with a paper towel..
- Add the sauce you mixed in step 1 and simmer..
- All done..
- If you want to get children to eat this, or want to change the flavour a bit add an egg yolk to dip the meatball in. This will increase the richness of the dish and bring its deliciousness to a new level..
It has a crunchy texture comparable to celery. Lotus roots are usually sliced crosswise to reveal their attractive pattern of holes. They are traditionally added to soups and stews or simply stir-fried, as well as braised in soy sauce. I always love lotus root for its beautiful natural design. The pale brown stem may look just like any other plant roots and characterless from the outside, but when you slice Lotus root also has an incredibly unique texture because even after cooking, it retains its crunchiness while staying tender.