Deluxe Tuna Casserole. This cheesy Tuna Casserole has a made-from-scratch sauce and a crunchy parmesan topping that puts this classic recipe over the top. Your family will love this version! Betty demonstrates how to make Tuna Noodle Casserole Deluxe.
The sour cream can be replaced with yogurt if desired. This is a tuna casserole that even my picky family loves! The potato chips give the casserole a I have never been a tuna casserole fan but when I saw the name of this one, I though I HAD to give it. You can cook Deluxe Tuna Casserole using 14 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Deluxe Tuna Casserole
- You need 2 can of tuna.
- You need 1 can of cream of celery.
- You need 1 can of cream of chicken soup.
- Prepare 1 can of cream of mushroom soup.
- It’s 8 oz of frozen petite peas.
- It’s 8 oz of skim milk.
- It’s 4 oz of sharp cheddar cheese (shredded).
- You need 1 tbsp of horseradish.
- You need of ground black pepper.
- You need 2 tsp of lemon pepper.
- It’s 1/4 cup of sour cream.
- Prepare 1 packages of wide noodles.
- Prepare 12 slice of cheese (any type will work, my kids prefer american).
- You need of seasoned bread crumbs.
Cooking on a budget and in a hurry, two all time favorites — cheesy pasta and tuna casserole — come together in this filling meal. View full nutritional breakdown of Deluxe Tuna Noodle Casserole calories by ingredient. Tuna casserole is a casserole primarily made with pasta (or rice) and canned tuna, with canned peas and corn sometimes added. The dish is often topped with potato chips, corn flakes, bread crumbs or canned fried onions.
Deluxe Tuna Casserole step by step
- Cook noodles as directed on package and drain, leave noodles in strainer..
- In the pot add tuna (drained), cream of chicken soup, cream of mushroom soup, cream of chicken soup, skim milk, sour cream, lemon pepper, ground black pepper, horseradish and sharp cheddar cheese. Stir together, making sure all the ingredients are properly mixed..
- Once the soups, tuna and seasonings are mixed add in cooked noodles and stir. Make sure the noodles are properly coated before moving on to the next step..
- Add in frozen peas and stir mixture together. Stir slowly so you don't crush the peas..
- Pour into casserole dish..
- Lightly cover top with bread crumbs. Bake for 30 minutes at 350..
- Remove from oven, cover with cheese slices and bake until cheese is melted approximately 5-10 minutes..
- Let cool for 5 minutes and serve..
Tuna casseroles are easy on the budget and always comforting. Traditional tuna casseroles have a tendency to be greasy, fattening, and all-around unhealthy. They also gets a bad rap for being an "old-fashioned" dish, or something most people have little use for. This tuna noodle casserole is both decadent and healthy. It's easy to whip together on a busy weeknight or as a nice comfort dish on a leisurely weekend when you don't want to spend hours in the.