Scalloped Potato Extender. Being an in-home care provider and a frugal mother, sometimes it can be challenging to stretch those meals and your budget. This is a great pallet pleasing recipe that won't. My favorite cheesy, creamy, garlicky, always-delicious scalloped potatoes recipe.
The unbaked gratin can be refrigerated overnight. Creamy Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes Recipe: How To Make Scalloped Potatoes. Easy Potato Scallops: In my opinion the best vegetable on earth is the humble potato Its delicious, its easy to prepare and its simply a blank canvas for delicious recipes! You can cook Scalloped Potato Extender using 10 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Scalloped Potato Extender
- You need 1 box of Of scalloped potatoes or potatoes Au gratin (1 bag plus packet).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Olive oil.
- You need 2 large of Chicken breasts.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Garlic salt.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Black ground pepper..
- It’s 3 tbsp of Butter.
- Prepare 2 1/2 cup of Milk.
- Prepare 1 cup of Water.
- You need 8 oz of Frozen broccoli (any frozen veggie is fine).
- It’s 1/2 can of Cheddar, shredded (any non American cheese will do).
When scalloped potatoes are on the menu, they're super quick and easy to assemble. They also make great gifts for anyone who appreciates homemade convenience food. Try these scalloped potatoes and get more recipe ideas and dinner inspiration from Food.com. Here's a great scalloped potato recipe that's so easy and absolutely delicious.
Scalloped Potato Extender step by step
- In a large frying pan heat oil on medium high heat..
- Cube the chicken breast and gently place into the pan. Sprinkle pepper and garlic salt..
- Sear the sides of the chicken well..
- Transfer chicken to a bowl to use later..
- Add the butter to the pan. Be sure to scrape the browning from the chicken..
- Add the milk and water. Bring to a slow simmer stirring frequently..
- Stir in the potatoes and seasoning packet..
- Add the frozen veggies and fold into the potatoes..
- Sprinkle top with cheese, cover and simmer for 10 minutes..
- After 10 minutes stir the contents in the pan taking care to scrape the bottom..
- Let sit on the burner for 15 minutes so potatoes can finish absorbing the liquid and get tender..
- For a nice golden "baked look" place uncovered pan under the broiler for about 3 minutes..
- Carefully remove the pan from oven, allow to sit uncovered for 5 minutes before serving..
Classic and creamy, this Scalloped Potatoes Recipe is a little different because it doesn't rely on milk. Scalloped potatoes, as a rule, are saucy and cheesy to the max. Spoiler: There's a lot of cheese involved. Scalloped potatoes consist of thinly sliced potatoes layered in a casserole dish and baked with Potatoes au gratin, on the other hand, has grated cheese sprinkled between the layers, resulting in a. Featuring Heart-Shaped Scalloped Potato-Crust Pizza, Scalloped Potato Loaf, Scalloped Potato-crusted Rib Eye, Scalloped Potato Dome and Scalloped Potato Roll.