Cheddar Broccoli Soup. Broccoli Cheddar Soup is pretty much exactly what it sounds like: a soup of pureed broccoli and broth with cheese. Although it's pureed, it does still have some texture in it from small bits of broccoli. You're looking for a soup that's rich, comforting, and, duh, full of cheese, but not one that's going to put you to sleep.
Here is what we came up with. This seriously satisfying soup is brimming with hearty potatoes, nutritious broccoli and carrots and it's all embodied. Is there anything better than Broccoli Cheddar soup? You can have Cheddar Broccoli Soup using 14 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cheddar Broccoli Soup
- It’s 4 of small (about 3 1/2 cups) heads of broccoli (chopped).
- Prepare 3 of (about 2 cups) carrots (shredded).
- You need 1 of medium onion (sweet or white).
- It’s 8 TBS of unsalted butter.
- Prepare 1/2 c. of All Purpose Flour.
- It’s 4 C of Chicken or vegetable broth.
- Prepare 4 C of Half n Half.
- It’s 1/2 TSP of nutmeg (ground).
- You need to taste of Pepper-add.
- You need to taste of Salt-add.
- You need to taste of Red pepper (ground or flake)- add.
- Prepare 4 C of Shredded Sharp Cheddar.
- Prepare 1 Clove of garlic-chopped (Optional).
- You need of Bacon Bits or Pieces (For garnish-Optional).
You get all of the stick your bones goodness you get from all the best comfort food while indulging in the sharp, cheesy flavor from the cheddar. This Broccoli Cheddar Soup is the also a meal prep friendly recipe, so you can make it in a large We wanted to make this broccoli cheddar soup not only delicious but also healthier than the. Think of this like Broccoli Cheddar Soup, but made vegan and kicked up and notch with poblano peppers and jalapenos. So there you have it… Jalapeño Broccoli Cheddar Soup.
Cheddar Broccoli Soup step by step
- Prep all ingredient. Chop broccoli (bite size,each piece should fit on a spoon). Finely chop onion & garlic (if adding). Shred carrots. Measure out flour and liquid ingredients. This will make cooking quicker..
- Start by heating butter in a pot on med-low heat..
- Once butter has melted, add onions and garlic until translucent..
- Add flour,stir. Let flour lightly brown. (If it doesnt brown you will have a very flour-ie taste to your soup)..
- Once flour has browned,add your half n half..
- Let it come to a simmer on medium-low heat for about 10 minutes..
- Add chicken or vegetable broth and stir..
- Now, add carrots & broccoli and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until broccoli is tender..
- Turn heat to low. Add your seasonings-salt,pepper,red pepper flakes,and nutmeg. Stir..
- Stir in cheese and turn heat off. Let cheese melt and serve!.
This broccoli cheddar soup recipe is SO satisfying! It's about time you met this broccoli cheddar soup recipe. It's rich and indulgent, but not so much that it weighs me down. A very good broccoli cheese soup. Note: you can purée half of your soup in a blender or with a handheld immersion blender if you choose however.