Crockpot shredded chicken tacos. Slow cooker recipes are simply the best, aren't they? In your slow cooker, mix the salsa, lime juice, taco seasoning, and cilantro. Mexican shredded chicken is delicious served in tortillas, over rice or on top of a salad, and is a great way to meal prep chicken for the week!
Even though you are using salsa in this crockpot chicken tacos recipe it Please share your favorite way to make chicken tacos. You can freeze Crockpot Shredded Chicken Tacos! This is a very easy freezer friendly recipe. You can cook Crockpot shredded chicken tacos using 4 ingredients and 1 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Crockpot shredded chicken tacos
- You need of chicken breast (I use 5lbs we are family of 6).
- Prepare Jar of salsa your choice.
- You need of Cilantro chopped to your taste.
- It’s of Taco seasoning pack or create your own.
Crockpot chicken taco meat is great for meal prepping or made in large batches and frozen for later use. With a few ingredients you'll have a yummy meal. Shredded chicken is something we make quite often. Yes we've made it in our Instant Pot too, but if you prefer low and slow cooking then this.
Crockpot shredded chicken tacos step by step
- Pour some salsa in crockpot as a bed for chicken. Lay chicken on bed, sprinkle some seasoning on top, add salsa and cilantro repeat if needed end with salsa. Cook on low 8 hours. Once done shred chicken will be super tender. NOTE: this can have endless add ons. I add onion, lime, garlic, and sometimes corn. This this is really one of those things the imagination is the limit. If you like it in a taco add it. Please enjoy and have fun cooking!!!.
Dissolve taco seasoning into chicken broth. Place chicken breasts in crock pot and pour chicken broth over. With two forks, shred the chicken meat into bite-size pieces. To freeze, place shredded meat into freezer bags with the juices. Press out all the air and seal.