Chicken Quesadilla Pie. I didn't realize quesadillas could get any better, but this dish knocks it out of the park! Have you ever bitten into a quesadilla and wished there were just more to it? This Quesadilla Pie is an EASY casserole of layers of flour tortillas and shredded cheese, with beans, chiles, tomato, onions, baked in pie dish until.
This is actually a recipe I used to make when I was low carb. Home » Main Dishes » Chicken and Cheese Quesadilla Pie. Chicken and Cheese Quesadilla Pie is a quiche/quesadilla which means you can eat it for breakfast or dinner. You can have Chicken Quesadilla Pie using 20 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken Quesadilla Pie
- It’s 1 of large (10 inch burrito size) flour tortilla.
- You need 2 cups of shredded, cooked chicken.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of canned black beans, drained and rinsed.
- You need 1 tbsp. of chopped cilantro.
- It’s 1/2 cup of diced onion.
- You need to taste of pepper, cumin, chili powder, smoked paprika.
- Prepare 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese, divided.
- Prepare 2 of large eggs.
- It’s 1 cup of milk.
- It’s 1 cup of flour.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp. of salt.
- It’s 1 tsp. of baking powder.
- You need of Suggested Toppings :.
- You need of ·sour cream.
- It’s of ·diced avocado.
- You need of ·sriracha.
- It’s of ·diced tomatoes.
- Prepare of ·shredded lettuce.
- You need of ·pico de gallo.
- Prepare of ·salsa.
Rotisserie chicken and quesadillas alone are great, but combining the two into one delicious and hearty Together: Layer one of the tortillas into the pie plate; top with half of the chicken mixture. For our chicken quesadillas, we use a combination of Monterey jack and cheddar. But you can substitute any melty cheese you prefer. Our biggest piece of advice: Don't worry about cheese spilling.
Chicken Quesadilla Pie step by step
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Spray a 9 inch pie pan with non-stick cooking spray. Press the tortilla in the pie pan, then lightly spray the top of the tortilla as well. Set aside..
- In a medium mixing bowl, place the chicken, black beans, onion and 1 cup of the cheese. Stir to combine. If you're using unseasoned shredded chicken, then add the seasonings to taste…since my crock pot chicken I used was already seasoned, I skipped this step..
- Pour the chicken mix over the top of the tortilla. Sprinkle the cilantro over the top..
- In a separate medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, flour, salt and baking powder until all combined and blended. Pour over the top of the chicken mix..
- Sprinkle the remaining cup of cheese over the top of the chicken mix..
- Bake for 16-20 minutes, or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean. Allow to cool for 5 minutes, then slice into wedges and serve..
- You can eat it as is or top it with your favorite quesadilla toppings (some suggestions listed in the ingredient list)..
Chicken Quesadilla Pie recipe: I use a spring form pan instead of a pie plate. Zesty chicken and cooked peppers are a tasty delight when mixed with cheese and stuffed in a tortilla to create chicken quesadillas. Spread the chicken mixture onto the flour tortilla in the pie plate. Slowly pour the egg mixture over the. Cheesy Chicken Quesadilla Pie — Circle B Kitchen.