Trev's Tuna Ceviche. With only a few ingredients, Rick Bayless's Tuna Ceviche with Avocado and Cilantro is typical of what one would find at stands near the southern tip. Tuna Ceviche "Ceviche" is the seafood dish originated in Peru typically made from fresh raw fish cured in citrus juices, such as lemon or lime. To serve, add the tuna and a pinch each of salt and white pepper to a chilled bowl.
Place tuna on a serving platter and spoon soy sauce mixture over each slice. Dot each piece with each of the purees, aji amarillo, and rocoto pepper. This is my own creation using both modern and traditional ceviche methods. You can have Trev's Tuna Ceviche using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Trev's Tuna Ceviche
- You need 12 oz of Tuna Sushi Grade.
- You need 1 of Avocado.
- Prepare 1 of red onion.
- You need 1 bunch of scallions.
- Prepare 2 oz of jalapenos.
- You need 2 of lemons.
- You need 1/4 cup of champagne vinegar.
- You need 1/4 cup of sesame oil.
- It’s 4 oz of soy sauce.
- You need 1 cup of cilantro.
- You need 1 of salt & pepper.
The key of course is Like 'butter'. [email protected] of the reasons that a really terrific Ceviche is , well, really. Canned Tuna Ceviche Tostadas, There are many recipes for ceviche, (also spelled cebiche), some of which use fish, shrimp, or a combination of seafood. There is even a jicama ceviche! Tuna ceviche is a type of fish dish that is made by marinating thin pieces of fresh tuna in citrus juice and other flavorings.
Trev's Tuna Ceviche instructions
- Chop Tuna, onion, scallion, avocado, and cilantro.
- Avocado & Tuna should be the same size. 1/4 inch cubes is about right. the onion and jalapenos can be chopped smaller..
- After chopping gently mix everything together in a large bowl. GENTLY! lol.
- I make home made chips using corn tortillas quartered. Wontons work as well. Enjoy!.
With just four ingredients you can prepare a delicious dish like this tuna ceviche. Citrus juice quickly "cooks" sushi-grade tuna for this light, fresh Ceviche is a seafood dish in which raw seafood is marinated in citrus juice – usually lemon or lime or both. Add tuna, chopped fresh aji, and mix. Reviews for: CEVICHE DE ATUN / Tuna Ceviche. Ceviche has always been one of my favorite dishes.