Ceviche Shrimp. This shrimp ceviche recipe is fresh shrimp marinated with cucumber, red onions, cilantro, avocado and diced jalapenos. It takes just minutes to make and is full of bold and zesty flavors. A simple shrimp ceviche for beginners made with poached shrimp instead of raw and finished with tomato, avocado, and cilantro.
This shrimp ceviche is made with limes, lemon, red onion, cucumber, chile peppers, cilantro, and avocado. Jump to the Shrimp Ceviche Recipe or watch our video below to see how we make it. Shrimp is one of the world's most adored seafood and the fact that it is used in so many dishes shows how this love has. You can have Ceviche Shrimp using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Ceviche Shrimp
- Prepare 1 lb of peeled small shrimp.
- Prepare of Kosher salt.
- You need 1/4 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 2 tbsp of lime juice.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of mayo.
- You need 2 tsp of extra virgin olive oil.
- You need 2 tbsp of ketchup.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of finely minced onion.
- It’s to taste of Hot sauce.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of minced parsley (cilantro).
- It’s of Fresh ground black pepper.
- It’s of Crackers (saltine).
Ceviche is a popular beach snack that can be found along the Mexican coast. It's served cold and is perfect for hot days. A variety of seafood can be used. Shrimp ceviche is a Latin American appetizer that's a party classic and oh so easy.
Ceviche Shrimp instructions
- Toss shrimp, 1 tsp kosher salt, and baking soda to coat. Refrigerate for 15 min..
- In medium bowl, mix 1 tbsp lime juice, mayo, oil, ketchup, and onion. Add hot sauce, parsley / cilantro, salt and pepper to taste..
- Put shrimp in medium pot and cover with 3 cups cold water. Add 1 tbsp salt and 1 tbsp lime juice. Put on medium heat until water is barely steaming, and 170. Maintain temp. Cook until pink and firm to the touch (~7 min). Drain, rinse under cold water, spin dry..
- Toss shrimp with sauce and serve immediately..
Go make some shrimp ceviche, and don't forget that nice cold beer to wash it down with. In this shrimp ceviche recipe, we cook the shrimp before marinating it in lemon, lime and orange juices, plus chiles for some heat. Avocado adds creaminess to help the dish come together. Shrimp ceviche is the perfect beginner ceviche because it uses pre-cooked shrimp. We know, some people are squeamish about raw fish, so bringing it to a party can be hit or miss.