Ceviche (Peruvian). Ceviche is a Peruvian dish and well so far from all the recipes this one is close to authentic. My mother is Peruvian and this is very authentic. I usually add more garlic than what is in this recipe.
Corvina or cebo (sea bass) was the fish traditionally used. Ceviche is essentially fish that is "cooked" by marinating in the acid of citrus juice. This recipe is for the classic Peruvian ceviche and pairs a high-quality white saltwater fish of your choice with lemon juice, lime juice, orange juice, salt, hot peppers, onions, and cilantro. You can cook Ceviche (Peruvian) using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Ceviche (Peruvian)
- It’s 2 lb of Tilapia.
- Prepare 8 clove of Garlic cloves.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Black Pepper.
- Prepare 1 bunch of Cilantro.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Aji Amarillo.
- Prepare 10 of Limes.
- It’s 1 of Red Onion- Sliced.
Peruvian ceviche can be prepared with any type of fish, however you can choose the one you like the most. The best and easiest Ceviche recipe I've ever tasted (and I've tried them all over South America). It's quick, easy and disappears quickly. The habanero peppers make it spicy without giving it the distinctive flavor of jalapenos and it's great without hot peppers too.
Ceviche (Peruvian) instructions
- Cube tilapia.
- Chop up garlic cloves.
- Mix all ingredients, except red onion..
- squeeze all lime juice, make sure all the fish is pretty covered..
- Place thinly sliced onions on top.
- Squeeze one more lime onto the red onions.
- Let dish marinate for at least 3hrs. Best to let it marinate for 5hrs..
- You may add a side to complete the dish. Such as sweet potato, corn on the cob.
You can adjust any of the. Ceviche is Peru's national dish Walking the streets of Lima, it is hard to go three blocks without finding a cevicheria serving up the popular delicacy Versions are also sold from mobile vending wagons pushed along the dusty streets of the capital's shantytowns and at fine eating establishments in the most affluent residential areas In a Peruvian Ceviche, the freshness of the fish is the most important thing. Therefore, the taste relates to the freshness and makes it the main protagonist of this dish. The Peruvian Ceviche is best served immediately. It is cooked instantly and goes directly to the table.