Cóctel de camarón mexicano. A refreshing and authentic Mexican shrimp cocktail with plenty of spicy flavors makes a perfect starter or a light meal. Serve it chilled with saltine crackers on the side. You might hear the names: Coctel de Camaron or Cocktail de Camarones.
Mix the tomato sauce, ketchup, and hot sauce. Pour this mixture over the shrimp, jalapeno, and cucumbers. Reviews for: Photos of Cocktel de Camaron. You can cook Cóctel de camarón mexicano using 13 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cóctel de camarón mexicano
- Prepare 700 grams of Shrimp.
- You need 1 of Red onion.
- You need 1/2 cup of fresh key lime juice.
- It’s 3 of Roman tomatoes.
- It’s 1 of cucumber.
- You need 3 of stock of celery.
- It’s 2 liter of Clamato (or similar tomato and clam juice).
- It’s 1/2 cup of ketchup.
- It’s 2 of avocadoes.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of cilantro.
- You need 1 of fried plantain chips.
- Prepare 1 of salt and pepper.
- Prepare 1 of jalapeño.
My husband is from Veracruz Mexico and has been making this for years.. En una temporada de verano (pero puedes hacerlo cuando quieras), la siguiente receta exquisita de cóctel de camarones al estilo mexicano que aprenderemos hoy, te encantará que podrás compartir y amenizar una reunión entre amigos. Manos a la obra de arte: Coctel de Camarones is more of a soup, served at room temperature, made with cooked shrimp, chopped tomato, onion, cucumber, avocado and ketchup. Yes, ketchup! (Or catsup!) It's a very easy recipe.
Cóctel de camarón mexicano step by step
- Cook shrimp and the set under cold water to cool off.
- Meanwhike , dice the onion and throw in a very large bowl.
- Squeeze lime on top of onion until onion is emerged. Add a couple dashes of salt.
- Dice tomato, cucumber and celery and add to bowl. Mince cilantro and add to bowl..
- Dice jalapeño and avocado finely and set aside separately.
- Dice and add shrimp, ketchup, and clamato to bowl. Stir until combined. This is more like a ceviche than anything else.
- Stir in avocado.
- Add jalapeño, salt and pepper to taste..
- Serve in bowls and crush plantain chips on top.
Just add as much or as little of the ingredients that you want. As a kid, I remember the Coctel de Camarones or Mexican Shrimp Cocktail, that my Dad would prepare. And as a kid, I also remember that it was mostly for the adults, lol! We would get a little taste and we were happy as could be. Cóctel de Camarón, rico como aperitivo o botana.