Mexican Style Shrimp Ceviche. Shrimp Ceviche – This No Cooking Required Mexican-inspired ceviche recipe is light, fresh and full of flavor. Ceviche can be served as an appetizer with tortilla chips for scooping or with crackers. As part of a meal I like to serve it taco style over lettuce leaves or atop crispy corn tostadas.
Ceviche is truly a Latin American dish. It's a favorite along the coasts of Mexico, Ecuador, Colombia, Chile, and Peru. – raw shrimp – limes – cucumber – tomato – small onion – cilantro (coriander) – hot chillis (jalapenos) – salt – pepper – avocado – clamato *optional*. If you like clamato, you may ADD IT to your ceviche at the end when you're about ready. You can have Mexican Style Shrimp Ceviche using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mexican Style Shrimp Ceviche
- It’s 1 1/2 lb of Medium Raw Shrimp ( I use Frozen ).
- You need 5 each of Tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 bunch of Cilantro.
- It’s 2 each of Cucumbers.
- It’s 1 each of Avocado.
- You need 5 each of Chile Serrano (aka finger peppers).
- You need 1 each of Concentrated Lemon Juice ( I use Real Lemon 32 oz ).
- You need 1 each of Vegetable Juice ( I use Clamato Picante with Clam 32 oz ).
Mexican Shrimp Ceviche is full of avocado, tomatoes, cucumber, and tossed in a lemon and lime citrus sauce. This shrimp ceviche recipe is traditional to the beach town of Acapulco, Mexico. Unlike versions calling for raw fish, this ceviche starts with small pre-cooked shrimp, making it an ideal starter recipe. These Mexican Shrimp Ceviche Tostadas are fresh, fabulous and bursting with flavor!
Mexican Style Shrimp Ceviche instructions
- Place frozen shrimp in a bowl of cold water to thaw out ( DO NOT USE HOT WATER… As it will cook the shrimp ). Peel the shrimp then cut into small bite size pieces. Place the shrimp in a container and fill with the lemon concentrate until fully covered..
- While the shrimp sits in the lemon concentrate, dice all of the vegetables and mix in a large bowl..
- The shrimp is ready after sitting in the lemon concentrate for about 20 minutes or when it's pink. Discard of the lemon concentrate and lightly rinse the shrimp ( we want to preserve some of the lemon on the shrimp ). Mix the shrimp with the vegetables and add the clamato or tomato juice. Add salt to taste..
- Let it sit in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes. The longer it sits in the fridge, the better it will taste. Enjoy with chips or tostadas and some hot sauce like Valentina or Tapatio. Enjoy!.
Easy to make and even easier to devour, this ceviche recipe is a party for your tastebuds! Ceviche, also called cebiche or seviche, is one of the dishes that I enjoy having in summer, even though the weather is starting to tell me otherwise. Each region will have its own version using the fish or seafood available in the region. It all depends whether you are on the. Ceviches typically use lime juice to cook raw fish.