Mike's Spicy Mexican Shrimp Ceviche. Spicy shrimp ceviche served with avocado, celery and olive, perfect as an appetizer or a late night snack. In large bowl, gently toss ceviche ingredients. In medium bowl, mix marinade ingredients with whisk.
Ceviche is truly a Latin American dish. It's a favorite along the coasts of Mexico, Ecuador, Colombia, Chile, and Peru. It typically includes chili peppers, unlike this adaptation, which uses onions, cumin, and cilantro for spice. You can cook Mike's Spicy Mexican Shrimp Ceviche using 29 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mike's Spicy Mexican Shrimp Ceviche
- It’s 3 Pounds of Pre-steamed Jumbo Shrimp [chopped – tails removed].
- You need 4 of Habenero Peppers [fine chopped].
- You need 4 of EX Large Jalapeños [2 fine diced 2 sliced].
- Prepare 2 Cups of Calmato Juice [or more – well shaken – no substitutes].
- It’s 3 tbsp of Tapatio Hot Pepper Sauce [or more – no substitutes].
- It’s 1 of EX LG Cucumber [fine diced – seeds removed].
- Prepare 1 of LG EX Firm Tomato [small chop].
- You need 1/2 of Green Bell Pepper [fine minced].
- You need 1/2 of Red Bell Pepper [fine minced].
- Prepare 1/2 of Yellow Bell Pepper [fine minced].
- Prepare 1/2 of Vidalia Onion [fine diced].
- It’s 1/2 of Red Onion [fine diced].
- Prepare 1/2 Cup of Fresh Radishes [sliced].
- It’s 2 tbsp of Fresh Fine Minced Garlic.
- You need 1 Cup of Fresh Cilantro Leaves.
- Prepare to taste of Pickled Onions & Carrots [optional].
- You need 1/2 tbsp of Mexican Oregano [crushed].
- You need 1/2 tsp of Ground Cumin [or less].
- Prepare 1/4 Cup of Chives [fine chopped].
- You need to taste of Cracked Sea Salt.
- You need to taste of Cracked Black Pepper.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Red Pepper Flakes.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Sugar [optional if not using Vidalia onions].
- Prepare of ● For The Options.
- Prepare as needed of Sliced Avocados [to be added just prior to serving].
- Prepare as needed of Cream Cheese.
- Prepare as needed of Garlic Triskets.
- Prepare as needed of Tortilla Chips.
- It’s as needed of Pita Chips.
It's spicy and full of yummy flavors. Serve on a tostada and top with hot sauce. This post may include affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Mike's Spicy Mexican Shrimp Ceviche step by step
- Chop up all of your fresh vegetables and add all other ingredients. Mix well..
- Jumbo Shrimp pictured..
- Clamato and Tapatio Mexican Hot Sauce pictured. If you use any other brands – I can't guarantee the outcome. 😔.
- Chill for at least 3 or, 12 hours if possible. Serve with fresh crispy saltine crackers, Triskets, cream cheese, additional hot sauce and ice cold Mexican beers with lime wedges. This is also great wrapped in flour tortillas..
Shrimp Ceviche (Ceviche de Camarón) is a light and citrusy Mexican dish. This easy Mexican ceviche takes minutes to prepare and is perfect for weekend gatherings and game nights. Last year I marveled at a chef demonstration when he so easily and quickly demonstrated homemade ceviche. Pathetically, I hadn't realized that the seafood was "cooked" from the acidity of. Fish Ceviche. (Served with Tostadas & Fresh Avocado).