A Home Cooked Recipe from Finland: Lihakeitto (Beef Soup).
You can have A Home Cooked Recipe from Finland: Lihakeitto (Beef Soup) using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of A Home Cooked Recipe from Finland: Lihakeitto (Beef Soup)
- It’s 500 grams of Beef block (shoulder, etc.).
- You need 1 large of Water.
- It’s 2 tsp of Salt.
- Prepare 10 of Whole black peppercorns.
- Prepare 2 of Bay leaves.
- Prepare 1 of Onion.
- It’s 2 of Carrots.
- Prepare 4 of to 5 Potatoes.
- You need 1/4 stalk of Celery.
- Prepare 1/4 of Daikon radish.
- Prepare 1 of for garnish Fresh parsley.
A Home Cooked Recipe from Finland: Lihakeitto (Beef Soup) step by step
- Take the beef out of the refrigerator and leave it out for about an hour to let it come to room temperature. Wash the surface of the beef. Chop the onion roughly..
- Put the beef, water and salt into a pan and bring to a boil. Skim off the scum, and add black peppercorns, bay leaves and chopped onion..
- Turn the heat down to low, cover with a lid and simmer for 2 to 3 hours. Skim off the scum occasionally. In the meantime, cut the vegetables into easy-to-eat pieces..
- When the meat is done, take it out of the pan and put in the carrot, celery and daikon radish. Simmer for about 10 minutes over medium heat, then add the potatoes..
- Cut the simmered beef block into bite-sized pieces and add to the pan. Keep simmering while skimming any scum off, until the vegetables are tender..
- Taste and add salt and pepper if needed. Garnish with parsley and it's done. Remove the bay leaves and whole peppercorns before serving..