Dolma (famous Iraqi recipe). Dolma is a family of stuffed vegetable dishes common in the Middle East and surrounding regions including the Balkans, the Caucasus, Russia and Central Asia. Much like kleicha, dolma is another Iraqi family/social affair to make. Possibly the most time consuming might be rolling up the vine leaves.
This recipe comes from my mother's-mother's family and has never been written down until a year ago. After forty-five minutes of translation and talk between my mother and grandmother, I finally have it down in print! These are sharing, feasting bites of vine-leaf wrapped joy from chef Philip Juma. You can have Dolma (famous Iraqi recipe) using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Dolma (famous Iraqi recipe)
- Prepare 4-5 of onions 🧅.
- It’s 1 lb of Grape leaves ☘.
- You need 1 of cabbage.
- Prepare 1 + 1/2 cups of rice🍚.
- You need 1 lb of beef🥩.
- It’s 1/4 of celery 🌿.
- It’s 1 of Tomato 🍅.
- You need of Sauce:.
- It’s 1 of onion 🧅.
- It’s 1 can of Tomato sauce 🥫.
Carefully flip the dolma pan on to a large tray, and serve in the middle of the table. Much like kleicha, dolma is another Iraqi family/social affair to make. Gather your family, close friends, and neighbors, and start making dolma! This Middle Eastern dish is a family favorite.
Dolma (famous Iraqi recipe) step by step
- Boil the onions for 5 minutes and open them, as well as grape leaves for 2-3 minutes..
- After washing the rice and soaking it for 15 seconds, the meat will be mixed, mixed with tomato and onions, cut into small cubes, then put a tablespoon of eating salt and black pepper with spices and a little tomato sauce..
- This how we do it.
- The same we put the mix in side grape leaves..
- The final things..
The blend of the spices coupled with the tartness of the lemon makes it out of this world. This recipe has been passed down in my family for many years. Dolma is a most famous and traditional dish of Iraqi. The dolma is a special Iraqi recipe, consisting of various stuffed vegetables including onion skins and vine leaves. The dolma is a special Iraqi recipe, consisting of various stuffed vegetables including onion skins and vine leaves.