The Old Italian Lasagna Recipe.
You can cook The Old Italian Lasagna Recipe using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of The Old Italian Lasagna Recipe
- Prepare 2 packages of Lasagna Pasta Sheets.
- Prepare 10 of Italian Sausages cut into small pieces.
- It’s 1 of kilo Ground Beef / 2 lbs. Ground Beef.
- You need 5 of Fresh Tomatoes grated.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of Tomato paste.
- You need 4 tablespoons of Oregano.
- It’s 1 cup of Olive Oil.
- Prepare 4 of large pieces Mozzarella.
- It’s 3 packages of Ricotta Cheese.
- It’s 3 tablespoons of Sugar.
- You need of Salt.
- It’s 1 of Cinnamon stick.
- Prepare of Pepper.
- You need 3 cups of Water.
The Old Italian Lasagna Recipe instructions
- N a large sauce pan add in half a cup of the Olive Oil, sausages, and ground beef. Once the meat has turned brown add in the fresh tomatoes, tomato paste, 2 tablespoons oregano, salt, sugar, pepper, cinnamon stick, 3 cups of water and let boil on low heat for about 2 hrs..
- When the sauce is ready, add into the baking pan a scoop of sauce, and start layering in the Lasagna sheets. (I don’t have a large enough square baking pan, so I used a round one) Add in a large scoop of the sauce with sausages, and ground beef, top with the mozzarella and ricotta cheese. Continue layering with the Lasagna sheets, and until all the ingredients have finished..
- I just wanted to mention back in those days, Lasagne sheets did not exist, both Maria and my mom used regular boiled pasta..
- Finish topping with the leftover Olive Oil….and Oregano.
- Pop into the oven, and bake at 180 degrees for 1 1/2 hours. I hope you enjoy making and eating this recipe as much as my mom and I have been doing for so many years. Thank you Maria for your wonderful recipe!!!! 🙂.