You can have Beef Stroganoff using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Beef Stroganoff
- It’s 1/2-3/4 lb of sirloin steak (cut into bite size cubes).
- It’s 3 Tablespoons of flour.
- You need 3 Tablespoons of ghee (clarified butter).
- Prepare 1 of medium onion, chopped.
- Prepare 1 clove of garlic, chopped (or 4).
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of pepper.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of paprika.
- You need 5 of dried mushrooms, sliced/ripped into bite size pieces.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of dry red "grape juice".
- Prepare 1 packet of Knorr Vegetable Recipe Mix.
- You need 4 oz of cream cheese (or neufchatel).
- You need 2 of servings rotini pasta – (salt for water).
Beef Stroganoff instructions
- At home: Prep and gather all ingredients into separate baggies, combining onion/garlic, spices, etc..
- At camp: Boil water in JetBoil (or other camp-stove pot) – add salt and pasta – boil till done (a little al dente is preferred).
- Cut beef into bite-sized cubes and add to baggie with flour, shake to coat.
- Strain water into cup/lid and add dried mushrooms and vegetable mix to reconstitute – put pasta aside to keep warm.
- In JetBoil frying pan (or other campstove pan) Sauté onions/garlic/beef in ghee till uniformly brown.
- Stir in pepper/paprika/"grape juice" and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add vegetable/mushrooms and simmer for 10 more minutes.
- Pull from heat and slice in cream cheese and stir to mix well.
- Serve over pasta – makes two generous servings.